Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where you can get the chrome saddlebag trim identified in the photo? I've looked everywhere (online), but can't seem to find any.

Chieftain Saddlebag Trim.jpg

Thanks,

·
Registered
796 Posts
Send an E -mail to this guy, he sells a lot of Polaris Indian parts cheaper than the dealer. Bought most of my accessories from him and sent to Canada saved a shit load of money . "N Pagano" [email protected] .hope this helps

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,720 Posts
Do they actually provide some protection or mainly an appearance item?

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,720 Posts
I guess saddle bags cost more, if scratched so, 'some protection' provided. :)
I guess what it is that I can't see from a picture is do they mount to the frame and thereby protect from layover or do they just stick onto the bag it's self? I've never seen them in person and pictures are never good enough to tell which way they mount.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I guess what it is that I can't see from a picture is do they mount to the frame and thereby protect from layover or do they just stick onto the bag it's self? I've never seen them in person and pictures are never good enough to tell which way they mount.
They mount from under the saddle bag , you need to drill a 1/4 " hole pre marked on the bottom of the bag .

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I guess saddle bags cost more, if scratched so, 'some protection' provided. :)
Mount to the frame

>--------> >--------> >-------->

Live Free and Die Well

·
Registered
267 Posts
They mount from under the saddle bag , you need to drill a 1/4 " hole pre marked on the bottom of the bag .
That's what the tech at the dealer told me. They are for looks only.
The rail in front of the saddle bag is the one that will protect the bag if the bike goes over. I am considering the front rail but I like the look with out it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I laid my bike over after I installed the rear bag guards (rear crash bars) . I did this on purpose, in my garage, in a controlled manner. The bag guard touched the ground just about 1/8" before the bag would have. If the bags had the bag protectors on them, they would have been on the ground before the bag guards. It seems that they might would damage the bags if the bike fell over, or was dropped, where the bags may only get scratched if it was dropped without the protectors and just having the rear guards installed.

Does this make sense?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts