Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Horseman of the Apocalypse & all around great guy!
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the '17 Chief Vintage/DMC Tomahawk SE sidecar out for the first time this year. (The snow in North Dakota *finally* melted enough to get the bike out.) Went to a local watering hole in Grand Forks right near the Red River and the river's still quite high. Flood walls are installed, bridges are closed, but everyone's safe and the Red is still quite bloated. It's currently at 45 feet, major flood level is 46 feet. So, it's nowhere near the 1997 level of 54.35 feet, but that's still a buttload of water.

By way of reference, if the photo were taken during the normal level of the Red River, no water at all would be visible. Maybe I'll need to snag another photo later this year to do a comparison.

Looking forward to warmer weather and all the bridges reopening.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Took the '17 Chief Vintage/DMC Tomahawk SE sidecar out for the first time this year. (The snow in North Dakota *finally* melted enough to get the bike out.) Went to a local watering hole in Grand Forks right near the Red River and the river's still quite high. Flood walls are installed, bridges are closed, but everyone's safe and the Red is still quite bloated. It's currently at 45 feet, major flood level is 46 feet. So, it's nowhere near the 1997 level of 54.35 feet, but that's still a buttload of water.

By way of reference, if the photo were taken during the normal level of the Red River, no water at all would be visible. Maybe I'll need to snag another photo later this year to do a comparison.

Looking forward to warmer weather and all the bridges reopening.

Cheers!

Dad was stationed at Minot ND when I was little (7-ish) the Mouse river flooded often. I recall the story was it was near 100 degrees the day we moved there, and very close to 100 below wind chill around the day we left driving. Couldn’t see squat, the roads, lines, notta. As I kiddo I was scared lol But dad was a bad azz fighter pilot, in his words and mind, he could do anything.... Minot, home of the spittin’ kittens

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you do not have a steering damper on, have you had any wobble at low speed?
Only a little bit, not noticeable when using both hands on the bars. And even then, whatever wobble occurs is over quickly. I've only experienced is when starting up from a dead stop, like when driving away from a stop sign or red light. But by the time I'm across the intersection, everything is fine.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dad was stationed at Minot ND when I was little (7-ish) the Mouse river flooded often. I recall the story was it was near 100 degrees the day we moved there, and very close to 100 below wind chill around the day we left driving. Couldn’t see squat, the roads, lines, notta. As I kiddo I was scared lol But dad was a bad azz fighter pilot, in his words and mind, he could do anything.... Minot, home of the spittin’ kittens
Why not Minot?
Freezin's the reason! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts