Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here taken the tank dash of and removed the Speedometer Fuel Gauge and or Power Button? If so any worries on the odometer loosing the stored mileage? How does the bezel come off? Does it thread into the rubber or just pop off once I remove the speedometer? Also how does that power button assembly come out? Just squeeze the sides and push it through? Thanks

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
The console comes off easily with one screw at the rear and one at the front. The leather bib is attached underneath.
The gauges are held in from underneath with simple brackets - two screws each to remove. The gauges then pull out through the console.
The bezel is part of the speedo body, and probably the same for the fuel gauge and power button.
Each gauge has its own electrical connector so they can be easily removed from the bike.
The odometer reading is permanent and unplugging won't reset it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dr.Shifty is correct about how the gauges come out of the dash. You will not be able to remove the bezel, at least not without destroying the unit. These are sealed units that are basically non-serviceable.

Rob

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok than the rubber grommet must make it look like a speedometer and a bezel like it’s a two piece part.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
Here is a photo from when I put a USB port in the side of the console. You can see the brackets. The power button has clips, not a bracket like I said earlier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts