Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching several trending cager shows of classic car presenters spotlighting retro fitted cars with tesla engines, I right away thought about how to apply to an Indian motorcycle. Frame a little too small for 2 wheels but why not dump the engine in a sidecar, could be close to ballistic . Think a dustbin fairing be more suitable and a loan of a crash test dummy lol. okay ive had my mad moment of the month. I'll sit down and shut up and see if any other ballistic astro-physicists chirp in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i went through a myriad of thoughts when i read this post. first, i thought... two of my favorite things about riding a motorcycle are the sound of the big v-twin and the agility of leaning it into a turn. this seems like a sure-fire way to remove two of my favorite things about riding. next i thought... i dont understand why people pay anywhere between 10k and maybe 25k for a motorcycle that depreciates fairly quickly but still think it's a good idea to sink THOUSANDS of dollars into "upgrades" and this idea takes that to a whole new level. i can see someone sinking 40k-50k (including the bike) into a project like this where there is NO WAY they'll recoup half that cost. my third thought was the old saying "when your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." these are just my opinion. i realize that lots of people enjoy making bikes their own and that's a wonderful thing about motorcycles and the motorcycle community - i can certainly respect that perspective. it's just not me.

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, im with you on the sound of the engine which makes me wonder about all the riders who install stereo systems and blast out their vibes on the passing world. But speed wise I think its a revolution. I guess if you can fit a vw engine in a harley frame , then why not ? look at all the performance oem stage competitors they quickly surpass each other and then they reach their limit obsoleting within a couple years of a bike model. Yup pretty much a motorcycle has a 5 year life cycle that expires into red zone of warranty not supported after 5 years is mean. It doesn't help the resale or trade in so well.

·
Bronze member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly what im talking about respres. Manufacturers walkaway leaving customer a choice of upgrading or more expensive maintenance and reoair parts etc . I couldn't believe how quickly my chief kbb nada dropped . ridiculous doesn't equate. especially for stock maintained bikes. I hope Indian/polaris will keep the parts fire burning for all its creations. Some indian ar more expensive than new cars. Can you imagine buying a bike with 15-20 year warranty wow. that'd give me a lot more confidence in buying vehicles. 5 years warranty is only just paid off their bike , for a lot of folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts