Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m getting a Chief darkhorse & want to put bar end mirrors on it. My question is - what size bar end mounts do I need? Most of the ones I’ve seen are 7/8” but is the Indian 1”? Any input is appreciated. I have a set of Rizoma bar end mirrors that would look killer on the Indian but I want to make sure I get the right sized mounts. Thanks!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just to make it more complicated, the 7/8" & 1" are referring to the outer diameter of the bars. I'd wait to see the bike before purchasing any bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to make it more complicated, the 7/8" & 1" are referring to the outer diameter of the bars. I'd wait to see the bike before purchasing any bar end mirrors.
Agreed. I have a set of Rizoma mirrors that I was going to put on a different bike sitting in my garage. They’d look amazing on the Chief! I think I’m going to email Indian to see if the Scout bar end mounts will work on the Chief bars. The mirrors themselves have inserts to adapt to different diameter mounts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

I’m getting a Chief darkhorse & want to put bar end mirrors on it. My question is - what size bar end mounts do I need? Most of the ones I’ve seen are 7/8” but is the Indian 1”? Any input is appreciated. I have a set of Rizoma bar end mirrors that would look killer on the Indian but I want to make sure I get the right sized mounts. Thanks!!
At this point in time we can’t do bar ends because the throttle takes up the inside of the bar. If you’re fine with one bar end on the left then it’s possible, otherwise you can’t.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point in time we can’t do bar ends because the throttle takes up the inside of the bar. If you’re fine with one bar end on the left then it’s possible, otherwise you can’t.
Bummer..... thanks for the info. I guess they’ll hang out in my garage for my next project.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bummer..... thanks for the info. I guess they’ll hang out in my garage for my next project.
Yup scouts and big bike pre17 it’s totally doable. I’m hoping we see an aftermarket kit
to convert the throttle because I’m already seeing a huge demand for bar end mirrors on these bikes

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why do you prefer bar end mirrors? IMHO, the mirrors are too far away from the eye, making it hard to change your head position to eliminate the blind spot. Mirrors on stalks are my preference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me it’s a style and functionality thing. I think the bar ends give a sleeker, lower, more muscular look. As far as safety, the stock mirrors on a lot of my previous bikes gave me a fantastic view of my shoulders and not much else. The bar ends stick out further and give more of an unobstructed view of what’s behind you. It does take a little while to get used to using them but I prefer them. I’m not sure how well the stock mirrors work on the Chief (still waiting for it to be delivered), but I know the bar ends would work as well or better & look amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts