Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried my best with the search function but no sufficient answers (besides plenty of other interesting things).

I am to switch those bulky OEM turn signals on my 2017 Chief Darkhorse for more sneaky LEDs (1 Watt each). Found the right connectors thanks to this forum, Kuryakyn Taillight Harness...everything ordered and ready to go...only thing left are the correct resistors to keep my ECU from getting confused.

Does anyone know the OEM turn signal wattage? Cant seem to find any info on that, though this seems central for calculating the required resistor.

I read that some indicators (like the Kellerman/Kuryakyn Bullet) seemingly are plug&play? Anyone willing to share their experience with me?

Please be patient with me as electric engineering isn't really my primary field of competence, but I really want to figure this out without having to fall back to my local customizer. Some sort of high ambitions I guess, but I need to do this myself. So any help is highly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Most of the Kury and Customs Dynamis stuff made for our bikes are plug and play. If the wattage does not match, then you may have to solder in a resistor in line between the light and the harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First "dryfit"...I really didn't like those bullet-shaped OEM turn signals. These new ones are not the classic look by any stretch, but I think the blacked out bike handles that "backside face lift" quite well.

Got an electrical engineer on measuring the wattage. Hopefully we can solder in the rresistors right away. Fingers crossed for a successful session at the lab tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OEM signals draw round about 2,5 Watts, which explains why the M Blaze Ice oder the Bullet 1000 will work plug&play (both are 3 Watts). Got to grab some resistors tomorrow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts