Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The red back lighting in the instrument panel is red. At night, it is very difficult to read. Anyone know how to change the color, like I could on my Harley I traded in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Agreed. I can't read the display at night either. It might be that a display that is less bright would be easier to read.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you guys have to read your owners book. I know in there they tell you how to make it brighter and I don't even own one but I do know how to go to Indian and read the owners book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always try to find the answer before posting a question. I read the manual front to back and then again. What I found is only the Chieftan has a display that can be adjusted for brightness. See page 47 of the manual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey nutnut...don't you just love it when a wannabe instant expert answers a question about something they know zero about? FYI: I read the manual numerous times, first online at indianmotorcycles.com, then my hard copy that came with my Chief Classic that I OWN.... then I searched the forum for the answer prior to asking.... figured the question needed to be asked and maybe someone who HAS one might know the answer since my dealer was clueless and was going to 'try and find out and call me back'..... I belong to a few great forums, and usually the people who are most helpful are the people who actually try to help, and not just make some silly comment from their limited expertise.... just sayin'.... P.S. This is the Indian forum.... don't you have someplace else where you can go play?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the one thing I would change is the red display on my Chieftain. In daylight, it is sometimes unreadable, even if you put contrast and brightness at 100%, The blue Victory display was perfect on my XCT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20044 said:
hey nutnut...don't you just love it when a wannabe instant expert answers a question about something they know zero about? FYI: I read the manual numerous times, first online at indianmotorcycles.com, then my hard copy that came with my Chief Classic that I OWN.... then I searched the forum for the answer prior to asking.... figured the question needed to be asked and maybe someone who HAS one might know the answer since my dealer was clueless and was going to 'try and find out and call me back'..... I belong to a few great forums, and usually the people who are most helpful are the people who actually try to help, and not just make some silly comment from their limited expertise.... just sayin'.... P.S. This is the Indian forum.... don't you have someplace else where you can go play?
..........uhmmm,i don't want to be rude here but,this is the victory forum,not the indian.....just thought i throw that one at ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
14087 said:
Yes, the one thing I would change is the red display on my Chieftain. In daylight, it is sometimes unreadable, even if you put contrast and brightness at 100%, The blue Victory display was perfect on my XCT.
whats the backing colour on them.. haven't seen one yet.. I find my vic blue one,sometimes makes me go dizzy at night ..lol. think red would be much better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
16099 said:
..........uhmmm,i don't want to be rude here but,this is the victory forum,not the indian.....just thought i throw that one at ya
Top left corner :

Indian Forum Tech Q & A

Just in case you missed it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there a forum out there just for Indian owners? This would help eliminate all the comments from some of the Victory owners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
16099 said:
Victory website but Indian forum, maybe you and VicNut need to read the websites owner's manual to each other.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
11706 said:
BY BY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Actually even that forum has set a a victory sub forum so it is not 100%
Just Indian.

Funny no one is bitching or whining about the Vic forum like people here are about the Indian sub forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
20100 said:
Is there a forum out there just for Indian owners? This would help eliminate all the comments from some of the Victory owners.
Yes. http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or there's this one: http://www.chiefmotorcycleforum.com

There are a number of new Indian owners who are also victory owners and they have something constructive to contribute.

There are a number of victory owners who cruise the site and have something constructive to contribute.

There are a number of victory owners who cruise this forum seemingly with the sole purpose of inserting petty, derogitory remarks wherever possible.

Those of us who post looking for help with specific issues, whether it be a missed item in the book, or some other problem we can't resolve on our own, appreciate help if someone has an answer (it may be glaringly obvious to you, but not someone else).

If you don't have an answer or just feel the need to make someone else feel stupid, perhaps it's time to silently move on. It's sometimes better to be silent and perceived as a moron than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

I have never looked at the victory forum. Why would I? Those motorcycles have never piqued my interest and I have no desire to criticize someone for either their taste in motorcycles or their lack of knowledge about their motorcycle's technical issues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1169 said:
Top left corner :

Indian Forum Tech Q & A

Just in case you missed it.
...........they must have both together then.......guess i missed the lower top left corner,thats ok were all in this together...lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
16099 said:
...........they must have both together then.......guess i missed the lower top left corner,thats ok were all in this together...lol
Kinda weird to have an Indian sub forum in a Victory Motorcycle forum but no weirder than having a Victory forum in the Indian Community forum.

Coming here to learn about Indians would not seem like the place to look but it is nice to have options.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I look at this site as a bunch of guys who love bikes and want to share information and get some questions answered. If someone asks a question you think is dumb, or they may be in the 'wrong forum,' my suggestion is just don't be an as**ole about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts