Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
Anyone drill out/remove the cat on a 116 yet?
Throw any codes?

The CAT is downstream of the O2 sensors. ECU has no Idea if a CAT is installed or not. And beyond popular belief, the CAT has no negative effect on performance. Dyno pulls have been done with and with out the CAT and there is almost no difference. The reason to pull it is for heat.

No codes since the ECU doesn't know its there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
👍I did notice on some you tube vids w the cat removed the throttle response seems clean crisp Im in Cali traffic so been keeping it in tour mode but a slight crack of the throttle sometimes doesn't respond as some I've seen catless.??

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
👍I did notice on some you tube vids w the cat removed the throttle response seems clean crisp Im in Cali traffic so been keeping it in tour mode but a slight crack of the throttle sometimes doesn't respond as some I've seen catless.??

You can't really determine throttle response from a video, and on top of that most people who remove the cat also get custom tunes. Now if your referring to exhaust sound, Cat less bikes are a tad louder.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Jackpot 2-1-2 header is a great cat delete option. Some with drilled out cats have a "tin" sound for lack of a better term to describe it at idle and on throttle if you are behind them. A real pipe makes the best sound IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts