Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to hear it, does the bike still run? Can you ride it? If so, is the ride to the dealer far?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it runs, I didn't notice anything on the way back to the house but the ride to the dealer is a good hour an a half away

·
Registered
430 Posts
When the bike cools, do a quick rundown of your bike. **DISCLAIMER** I'm not a mechanic, nor do I claim to be educated in this field so...DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. With that out of the way.
Check for loose sensor cables, hoses, plug wires, gas cap... anything that might be obviously wrong with it. It could just be a loose cable you might be able to identify.

Good luck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone found the list of codes yet?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
99 miles in and my check engine light comes on.. Now to figure out a way to get it to my dealer.
If the LCD says check engine, then hold the MFD button till you get an error code. You can try to look up the code using the Android app for the chief, but as if yet I have not seen a listing of codes for the scout.

If you find such a list, PLEASE POST IT!

·
Registered
638 Posts
99 miles in and my check engine light comes on.. Now to figure out a way to get it to my dealer.
In the cold weather (20-40 degrees) my Chief Classic turns over weak and sputters sometimes but it always starts. After it starts and runs fine the check engine message shows up. I always have the battery on a tender and the battery is fully charged. All I have to do is shut the engine off and restart and the check engine message goes away. You should check your battery terminals to make sure they are tight. Does the check engine go away after you shut down and restart?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Curious if the chief / chieftain codes are the same as the scout. Maybe with a few new ones added? I need the new list to update the android app.
Hey Mike,

Found the codes!

They're on pages 5.33 to 5.40 of the Service Manual. I knew I bought it for a reason!!

I haven't been through the whole list but it seems like there are the a lot of the same SPIN and FMI numbers. Maybe that's why they haven't produced a new list??

·
2,354 Posts
Hey Mike,

Found the codes!

They're on pages 5.33 to 5.40 of the Service Manual. I knew I bought it for a reason!!

I haven't been through the whole list but it seems like there are the a lot of the same SPIN and FMI numbers. Maybe that's why they haven't produced a new list??
If your phone can focus close enough can you photograph those pages for me? I'll compare them to the current data and have the app updated. I think I'm going to add in a section in the app to include recommended tire air pressure. Tired of trying to remember/find the correct pressure whenever I go to check my tires. May as well just add it to the app.

BTW, did you get your Scout yet?

·
Founding member
1,071 Posts
If your phone can focus close enough can you photograph those pages for me? I'll compare them to the current data and have the app updated. I think I'm going to add in a section in the app to include recommended tire air pressure. Tired of trying to remember/find the correct pressure whenever I go to check my tires. May as well just add it to the app.

Question. What is the app that your'e talking about? Sorry if I missed previous mentions of your app. Is this app available to the general public?

·
2,052 Posts
Good Morning,
In general, if the code clears when you restart the engine, then its not something to worry about. I find with my Chieftain that I get more codes coming up in cold weather. If the code doesn't clear then get it checked. This advice is free, so take it for what its worth.
--- Randall

·
Registered
209 Posts

Hi Mike,

NO! :mad::mad::mad:

Aussie deliveries aren't expected until at least March!!! Despite having put my deposit down on August 4th last year!

Shame you can't do an App for the iPhone!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
2,354 Posts
Hi Mike,

NO! :mad::mad::mad:

Aussie deliveries aren't expected until at least March!!! Despite having put my deposit down on August 4th last year!

Shame you can't do an App for the iPhone!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry. No iPhone app. It's done by a college student who's dad can not afford to buy him a Macintosh to program iPhone apps with. ...probably has something to do with spending all his money on Indian Motorcycle stuff. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts