Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hopped on my '19 Vintage and rode out to the farm, (about 15 miles). About halfway there I scrolled through the message center to check my fuel range, and in between that and my odometer reading was the message "ck engn". The engine light on my gauge never came on, just the message on my screen. When I got there I realized that the key fob was still sitting on the workbench in the garage. Would that set a code? Also, I changed oil at 500 miles but am now at 690 because the dealer can't get me in for the 500m service til the 18th. So I'm wondering if maybe the ecu will throw that message up because in hasn't been plugged in yet? Anyone have this happen?

·
Bronze member
1,814 Posts
I doubt an overdue oil change would log an ECU error. Easy, just reset the reminder and see if it clears after a few starts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No oil change reminder on the Vintage. Just was thinking it was maybe Indian's way of making sure it got brought in for the 500 mile service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts