Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed out the exhaust which of course required switching the o2 sensor over and now the check engine light is on. Is there an easy way to confirm it's the oxygen sensor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, tried to cycle through to find the error code but could find the chkengine setting that gives you the code.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The best advice I have found to work is to completely disconnect the battery from the bike. Additionally, check the battery voltage reading, if it reads below 12V then a charge might be needed. I had 4 separate codes populate on my bike once (Identified by using my DynoJet to scan for error codes) I unplugged my battery for 24hrs to try a hard reset but it did not work. However, my battery reading was around 11V so I completely charged the battery and once reinstalled all error codes were gone and everything was back to perfect. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you have a PVCX or PV3 you can use that to read error codes.
This is correct. I have used my DynoJet PVCX and it has helped tremendously. Make sure to clear codes often, not doing so could trick the user into falsely thinking that there is an issue (when the check engine light is on).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts