Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you turn off the check engine light? Is this something only a dealer can do? My check engine light came on because my gear position sensor has malfunctioned yet again.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
First, the error condition must be fixed. Then, many of the non-persistent codes will clear out after a number of restart cycles... No additional intervention required.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, the error condition must be fixed. Then, many of the non-persistent codes will clear out after a number of restart cycles... No additional intervention required.
The gear position sensor error has disappeared but the check engine light is still on.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Take a look at your codes... any errors? Battery terminals clean and tight? Try the 4- re-start routine and see if everything clears or not. If not, and if no codes showing, only check engine light, then perhaps it is time to take a deeper look with Digital Wrench at the dealer.

·
Rider
486 Posts
Thank you! I am new to the Indian motorcycle and it's shortcuts to fix something. ( Harleys for 40+ years)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've seen where there is a reset procedure if the restarts don't work. I saved the screenshot, but have not had to try it yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take a look at your codes... any errors? Battery terminals clean and tight? Try the 4- re-start routine and see if everything clears or not. If not, and if no codes showing, only check engine light, then perhaps it is time to take a deeper look with Digital Wrench at the dealer.
The check engine light shutoff after a few restarts. It's still annoying that the gear position sensor needs to be replaced for the second time in less then a year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts