Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
So I fueled up this evening and had a Check engine light and the P1547 error, there was also a code about ABS light but it cleared on a restart. I've been all through the service manual and the QR code list behind the left side cover and I can't find anything on this. The light went out after I got home and restarted but would like to know more about it. The bike seemed to run normally so I don't think it's a big problem, maybe 1 of the modules didn't initalize right.
Has anyone run into this one??

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,230 Posts
I believe that one is caused if the bike is moving when you turn it on. There are a couple members here that have run into it. If you start the bike on the side stand, you won't get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Techrider. When I pulled up to the pump there was alot of oil dry on the ground so I backed up to another pump in gear with the clutch pulled in and may have shut it off while backing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My chassis light came on a couple times when I first got mine, then I realized I was moving the bike as I started it. I was getting a code for brake monitor fault.

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
This only happens if you roll the bike FORWARD and try to start it. As I'm rolling my bike backwards out of my garage, I hit the power then start buttons firing the engine and the chassis code icon has never come on. You have to be moving forward.

·
Registered
461 Posts
This only happens if you roll the bike FORWARD and try to start it. As I'm rolling my bike backwards out of my garage, I hit the power then start buttons firing the engine and the chassis code icon has never come on. You have to be moving forward.
The brake monitor fault code I was getting happened rolling backward out of parking spots. I did it twice before I caught on.

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
The brake monitor fault code I was getting happened rolling backward out of parking spots. I did it twice before I caught on.
Hmmm, BJ, I back my bike out of the garage ALL the time while hitting the start button and the warning light never comes on for me. It has in the past, not lately...so maybe I have had another "chassis" fault. I did install the Eagle GEN II LED from headlight unit....so maybe that's giving me a hiccup everyone once in awhile. So far, all good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hmmm, BJ, I back my bike out of the garage ALL the time while hitting the start button and the warning light never comes on for me. It has in the past, not lately...so maybe I have had another "chassis" fault. I did install the Eagle GEN II LED from headlight unit....so maybe that's giving me a hiccup everyone once in awhile. So far, all good.
Possibly. Mine was actually setting a code for brake monitor fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has been doing this every time I start it, now. That and my TPMS is just crazy. Anyone else had it start doing it all the time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed the Eagle Gen II LED headlight rode it home fine, updated the map (I got the GPS upgrade for base model as well) and then went to ride it and got the check engine light on. When I looked at errors it said P1457: FCCU Hardware Module. did you continue to get issues with the Eagle Gen II light?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the Eagle Gen II LED headlight installed today and rode it home fine, updated the map (I got the GPS upgrade for base model installed today as well) and then went to ride it and got the check engine light on. When I looked at errors it said P1457: FCCU Hardware Module. Any idea if that is associated with the Eagle Gen II light or map install or something else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I just had mine come on. I stopped to get gas, I was down to about 10 miles left. I filled up, shut the gas tank got on the bike and turned it on. Thats when the check engine light came on. I could have moved it, but I am unsure on that factor. It is the P1547:FCCU Hardware Module code. If I am understanding the above correctly. It should turn off after 5 Turn Cycles of the ignition. I have done 3 or 4. I will give it a few minutes and run it again.
Any other advise would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I just had mine come on. I stopped to get gas, I was down to about 10 miles left. I filled up, shut the gas tank got on the bike and turned it on. Thats when the check engine light came on. I could have moved it, but I am unsure on that factor. It is the P1547:FCCU Hardware Module code. If I am understanding the above correctly. It should turn off after 5 Turn Cycles of the ignition. I have done 3 or 4. I will give it a few minutes and run it again.
Any other advise would be great.
mine cleared the next day, I took it to the dealer and they said it was nothing to worry about been fine since. strange

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Base
5 Posts
This just came up on my Challenger today. I have cycled the engine 6-7 times, 60 seconds in between and it will not clear. The bike was on a level surface and was not moving at all. I have done rolling starts before and this code never popped up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts