Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh! My new Indian Chieftain Limited with 700 miles on it has a check engine light on again for the second time. The first time the dealership said it was an O2 sensor and the reset it. ( not sure if that means problem was fixed). So now, I’ll have to take it back to the dealership. I’ve only had it for 2 months. Hope this isn’t a problem that lasts.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
454 Posts
Ugh! My new Indian Chieftain Limited with 700 miles on it has a check engine light on again for the second time. The first time the dealership said it was an O2 sensor and the reset it. ( not sure if that means problem was fixed). So now, I’ll have to take it back to the dealership. I’ve only had it for 2 months. Hope this isn’t a problem that lasts.
You should be able to find the code yourself in the ride command, at least you can on the 2019 and lower version. Then look that code up, not that you can fix it but you'll at least know how minor or major it is.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That light comes on for so many reasons (some important but most not) something as simple as dropping the kickstand prior to putting in neutral will set this one off. Read carefully the manual and all the various codes and seek to keep the 'drive errors out' and the light will stay off for years. Found this out on my first Indian now on my 3rd light has never come on in 15,000 miles on this one as I've learned some things. Good Luck and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had mine come on a couple times in the first few months and was worried. However, it stopped and hasn't been back. I was told "new ones sometimes have to adjust to local gasoline etc..", but I kinda doubt that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts