Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2019 Springfield in early July. Had dealer install a lowering kit a couple weeks later. Got the bike back and was not able to ride it until Saturday, 08/03.

Took it for a short ride and got rained on so came home. I attempted to start and ride it again the next day. It started but the check engine light came on and wouldn't go out. I rode it a couple of blocks to see if it would go out but the engine cut out. It restarted but the check engine light stayed on so I took it back home.

Dealer came and picked it up when they had a guy available on Saturday 08/10. I heard nothing from them until I called them today and they still haven't looked at it.

Anyone have any ideas about what the issue may be? Is this kind of service response typical? The dealer is American Biker in Charleston, SC area.

(They got me in quickly for the lowering kit install and turn around was fast for that was one day.)

Kathy

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Get their phone number and bug them every day until they get on your bike. Sometimes the squeaky wheel ya know?
It would probably not help much to try and diagnose this without a lot more information... but the usual suspects should be looked into - starting with battery connections (tight and clean)… The dealership can hook up their computer (Digital Wrench) software and read a fairly detailed history of what the bike's computer has seen and recorded.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I will add that it does not tie up much time at all to just have them take a look for the obvious... if it turns out to be a more involved or difficult problem, then the expertise of their techs could be the determining factor. I wish you luck and a happy & expedient solution!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will add that it does not tie up much time at all to just have them take a look for the obvious... if it turns out to be a more involved or difficult problem, then the expertise of their techs could be the determining factor. I wish you luck and a happy & expedient solution!
Thanks for the replies. I am definitely going to call them again tomorrow AM to see if he will take some action on it.

Kathy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts