Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span>I was out on a ride last night and hit the 450 mark when it started to rain. We stopped and grabbed a bight to eat and started home. When I got back on the bike the check engine light was on. Dose anyone know if the light comes on to tell you that you need a oil change/ 500 mile service? Also here are some pic of the pub we past on the way.
</span>

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so you never read you owners book. If you did you would know what the light is for.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Page 40 tells you how to retrieve the error code. The code will only be active during one ignition cycle but will come back if the error re-occurs. If it did not come back on after a shut down and restart, it's probably moisture related. If it comes back on, retrieve the code and call the dealer service department.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw a black Chieftain in the flesh a couple of weeks ago.

Really beautiful............congrats.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6736 said:
so you never read you owners book. If you did you would know what the light is for.
you have no idea how funny that one is. I read it about 50 times but the code is not shown. They are taking it in tonight. All is well again lol

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the back side of the left side cover there is a scan bar for downloading the error codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts