Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am riding home from work, enjoying the beautiful weather and just cruzin. I come to a stop light so I take a moment to toggle through the display to see what temperature it is today (91). I run across a 1chk eng display and think ah crap! what have I got going on. So I hold down the toggle and get 0 - 84 -19. I say ok, will it's running fine so I won't worry about it till I get home. So I toggle back through and leave it on the 1chk eng display and take off when the light turns green, glance down again and now I have 2chk eng displaying, accelerate some more and come to 3chk eng, then 4 then 5 and then 6 and then it stops. I think thank goodness! this bike has some issues and I need to get it home. So I pull into the gas station to fill up and do a restart to see if all these codes clear and as I am pulling in, I notice the display goes down 4chk eng, 3 chk eng, 2chk eng and then I stop and I see nchk eng. And then then it dawns on me :rolleyes: that its the gear indicator along with chk eng:rolleyes:. I laughed at myself and thought what an idiot!:eek: Glad it was just one check eng code and not more. :)

Long story short, called the dealer, no big deal, so I will ride on tomorrow!

·
Founding member
950 Posts
The check engine light goes on for lots of little things. When first got mine check engine light went off. Rode home all worried looked up the code was 'kickstand limit switch" If you don't have service manual you can find trouble codes online.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
My CHK ENG display came on, so I went to the dealer (after calling to make sure it was rideable). He looked up the code and went straight to a lose wiring connection in the loom under the seat. He said they had probably pulled a bit too hard on the loom at the factory, then the vibration caused it to almost (but not quite) become disconnected. I love the simplicity of trouble shooting by computer,,, beats having a grease monkey crawl around the bike for hours looking for the fault.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
So I am riding home from work, enjoying the beautiful weather and just cruzin. I come to a stop light so I take a moment to toggle through the display to see what temperature it is today (91). I run across a 1chk eng display and think ah crap! what have I got going on. So I hold down the toggle and get 0 - 84 -19. I say ok, will it's running fine so I won't worry about it till I get home. So I toggle back through and leave it on the 1chk eng display and take off when the light turns green, glance down again and now I have 2chk eng displaying, accelerate some more and come to 3chk eng, then 4 then 5 and then 6 and then it stops. I think thank goodness! this bike has some issues and I need to get it home. So I pull into the gas station to fill up and do a restart to see if all these codes clear and as I am pulling in, I notice the display goes down 4chk eng, 3 chk eng, 2chk eng and then I stop and I see nchk eng. And then then it dawns on me :rolleyes: that its the gear indicator along with chk eng:rolleyes:. I laughed at myself and thought what an idiot!:eek: Glad it was just one check eng code and not more. :)

Long story short, called the dealer, no big deal, so I will ride on tomorrow!

Too funny and I would have done the same thing lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts