Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all the check engine light came on my 2015 Chief Vintage, found out how to get the code now I need a chart for the code, any help is appreciated.
The code is 520209 with a 5 below it. Any help will be appreciated as everything here and Fort Worth Texas has been closed since March (yes of course this year)

·
Bronze Member
1,701 Posts
The code comes up on my Indian error code app as:
Component: Oxygen Sensor Heater 1 (Pre) (Front)
Condition: Driver Circuit Open / Grounded
MIL: On

I'd check the wire running to the front O2 sensor. IIRC there have been some cases where the wire insulation melted causing the wire to ground out.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Speaking of fault codes:

The code number "1-520267", just came up this morning,but had also appeared "once" shortly after buying this machine two years ago ,but then cleared itself,and has NOT appeared since, until this morning.My SM does not have it listed as it just skips over it,stopping at 520266,then going to 520275 with nothing written after any of those numbers to explain what they mean or refer to! DUH!!!

What I do know is,that 520267 code ,along with the rest of those sequencial code numbers, has to do with the "FUEL DELIVERY" system,which unfortunately, means you'll need a Digital Wrench tool and the use of a lap top computer,to diagnose it,neither of which I have!!! DOUBLE DUH!! lol lol

But I believe the "1" means it occurred one time,with a check engine light showing on the instrument cluster display,but then changed to 0-520267 with no check engine light on the instrument display,which ,again,I think means it cleared itself,but I don't know that for sure. So the code number I'm actually looking for is 520267,but is NOT listed in the SM !!! Anyone????

One more thing I forgot to mention: The motor never skipped a beat and ran just fine.The only reason I saw it was because I was thumbing thru the functions,like mileage,batt charge rate,etc.when I noticed it.Thank you gentlemen for any input on this subject!! Dave!!!

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
I have an answer to code 1-520267 I inquired about in my above post,which is NOT in the SM!!

I just got a call back from the dealership I bought the bike from, and that code will set when you kick the bike into gear with the kick stand down, [which I had done just before driving off with it this morning,stalling the motor:oops:] "OR" if ya put the kick stand down before putting the bike into neutral with the motor running.

So MARK IT DOWN in your shop/owners manuals for reference.And the first number ,the "1" in front of the code, is the number of times you've,or in this case,"I've" done it.DUH!! And we all have done it "unconsciously" at some point in time.I've done it twice now and I've only been riding two wheeler for the past 58 consecutive years.DOUBLE DUH!!!:oops::oops: What a putze! lol Live and learn! TRIPLE DUH!! And the code will eventually go away after a period of time!! So there ya have it.Live and learn!! QUAD TRIPLE DUH!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :oops::oops::oops::oops: lol lol .Dummy Dave!!!:D

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I have an answer to code 1-520267 I inquired about in my above post,which is NOT in the SM!!

I just got a call back from the dealership I bought the bike from, and that code will set when you kick the bike into gear with the kick stand down, [which I had done just before driving off with it this morning,stalling the motor:oops:] "OR" if ya put the kick stand down before putting the bike into neutral with the motor running.

So MARK IT DOWN in your shop/owners manuals for reference.And the first number ,the "1" in front of the code, is the number of times you've,or in this case,"I've" done it.DUH!! And we all have done it "unconsciously" at some point in time.I've done it twice now and I've only been riding two wheeler for the past 58 consecutive years.DOUBLE DUH!!!:oops::oops: What a putze! lol Live and learn! TRIPLE DUH!! And the code will eventually go away after a period of time!! So there ya have it.Live and learn!! QUAD TRIPLE DUH!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :oops::oops::oops::oops: lol lol .Dummy Dave!!!:D
At a service a while ago my dealer said that the bike keeps a count of the kick stand thing and there's a point where the bike won't start unless the historic codes are cleared - a number about 50 to 100, but I forget what he said.

Calling it an error is weird. Even if they want to track it, it's just an event, not an error.

Here's a pdf of error codes from our Oz Indian forum site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey y'all the check engine light came on my 2015 Chief Vintage, found out how to get the code now I need a chart for the code, any help is appreciated.
The code is 520209 with a 5 below it. Any help will be appreciated as everything here and Fort Worth Texas has been closed since March (yes of course this year)
Thanks Split

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The code comes up on my Indian error code app as:
Component: Oxygen Sensor Heater 1 (Pre) (Front)
Condition: Driver Circuit Open / Grounded
MIL: On

I'd check the wire running to the front O2 sensor. IIRC there have been some cases where the wire insulation melted causing the wire to ground out.
Replaced the forward jug O2 sensor and cleared the fault code, all is well in Fort Worth Texas thank you all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts