Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retrieved a ABS code from my 2014 Chief Vintage. It reads like this on the screen:

0 520261
The ABS light stays on after I pass 6 mph and the ABS is non-functioning. Any information on decoding this with a solution would be great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had same problem, the dealer had to reset the computer and says everything is fine yet the rear wheel still locks up. it is a 340 mile one way trip to dealer to get it checked again so I am waiting till spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could try calling Polaris, of course, but I'm sure they're just going to tell you to see one of their authorized dealers. They really don't like giving out info on their error codes. That being said, I should think that an ABS code on a brand-new bike is something they would have to fix under warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20334 said:
I retrieved a ABS code from my 2014 Chief Vintage. It reads like this on the screen:

0 520261
The ABS light stays on after I pass 6 mph and the ABS is non-functioning.  Any information on decoding this with a solution would be great!

Not that this will change your situation...
Service manual identifies this code to be the ABS Fail Safe Relay. The condition is On/Off Stick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
18995 said:
I had same problem, the dealer had to reset the computer and says everything is fine yet the rear wheel still locks up. it is a 340 mile one way trip to dealer to get it checked again so I am waiting till spring.
At what speed does your rear wheel 'lock up?' It should lock up below 6 mph. Are you still getting a code? Even when the system is operating properly (found on page 14.15 within the brake section) 'It is not unusual to leave tire marks on the road surface during hard braking event.' Hope this issue gets sorted out for you quickly. If all other components are working correctly you still have normally braking available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speed does not seem to matter I have hit the rear break at around 30 MPH in a wet condition and it immediately locked up, A car had pulled out in front of me and created an emergency situtation, since than I have tested the rear brake an differant speeds and it still locks up, I also have a code showing on the dash again. I have not experienced any such problems with the front brake when grabbing a handfull but I am a bit more hesitant to lock up the front in wet weather on dry pavement the front deems fine it is just the rear that locks up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a link to a PDF file for Indian codes that I scanned off of the left side cover. 520261 is Fail safety relay and 7 is on/off stick.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mixmobi_images/assets/18989/document.pdf?1380056740

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys. All very helpful. Hopefully my glitch can be solved over the phone, or I'll have to wait to spring.. The ABS light never goes off even after i exceed 6mph. I tried the rear brake a bit ago, and it locked up for a second.. Don't want to try front brake..

thanks again..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 2011 Vision that had intermittent ABS failure.
After 2 years of trying to diagnose the cause, it turned out to be the rear pick-up sensor.

I've read where this ABS problem is happening to way too many owners of Indians.
One of the motorcycle magazines was given a test vehicle with this problem.
NOT GOOD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts