Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Indian OEM Highway Bars on my '15 Chieftain and I want to get highway pegs. I do agree with not putting anything cheap on a bike you really love but I have a lot of other things to spend $ on now and was wondering if any of the hundreds of cheap eBay or Amazon ones work well. If you have a pair you are happy with and could point me in that direction please do so. Thanks in advance.

·
German Rider
2,138 Posts
I put cheap 50$ one from Ebay on my Roadmaster. They look like Kuryakyn, but are no name ones. Had the same ones on my Kawi 1700 Voyager before the Roadmaster. Quality was good, liked the look and the price of them vs. the overpriced indian ones.

Did similar with wifey's Scout. Crash bar from ebay. Looks exactly the same like the indian model, but could save about 350 bucks. Bought cheap brown fake leather saddlebags with a lockable quick disconnect system for 200 bucks instead of 1200 $ for the leather bags from indian. Why spent so much money, when only needed once or twice a year.

Just my 2 cents..... and my hard earned money, so I decide or better you decide in your case.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cheap can easily still have a place on a nice bike. And make you love it more since ya didn’t over spend on things that don’t matter as much. Of course I wouldn’t do cheap everything, ya gotta pick and choose. But for highway pegs, I see absolutely no reason to spend anywhere near $300 for them. I’ve put cheap highway pegs on multiple motorcycles, and only one I ever had an issue with were $15 ones on my shadow(and they worked fine still just one peg vibrated a lil no matter what I did and annoyed the crap outta me so changed them).

I’ve got cheap amazon pegs on my indian. They look great, quality is fine, work great, nobody can tell they were “cheap” ones, and they only cost me $35. I got the cheap amazon/eBay rear crash bars, look exactly like Indians ones for less than 1/4 the price. Got a few other “cheap” add ons, and haven’t had a single complaint about them. And still looks like a nice quality motorcycle, unless you look for a brand name logo you can’t tell what’s cheap and what’s not(and even then can’t tell some things, like the rear bars that don’t have a logo on them even from Indian)

Anyways, here’s basically the ones I got(seller I got from doesn’t have them right now, but these are the same ones for a couple bucks more) and they work great for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I am going to get one of the cheap sets and if I don't like them then my investment was pretty minimal.

·
Bronze member
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000, 2007.
1,462 Posts
I put cheap 50$ one from Ebay on my Roadmaster. They look like Kuryakyn, but are no name ones. Had the same ones on my Kawi 1700 Voyager before the Roadmaster. Quality was good, liked the look and the price of them vs. the overpriced indian ones.

Did similar with wifey's Scout. Crash bar from ebay. Looks exactly the same like the indian model, but could save about 350 bucks. Bought cheap brown fake leather saddlebags with a lockable quick disconnect system for 200 bucks instead of 1200 $ for the leather bags from indian. Why spent so much money, when only needed once or twice a year.

Just my 2 cents..... and my hard earned money, so I decide or better you decide in your case.

Cu,
Sven
Yes, I bought something like this for my vn2000, they are great.
Stay tight, are comfy, chrome has lasted well, under $50 Aus.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Cheap can easily still have a place on a nice bike. And make you love it more since ya didn’t over spend on things that don’t matter as much. Of course I wouldn’t do cheap everything, ya gotta pick and choose. But for highway pegs, I see absolutely no reason to spend anywhere near $300 for them. I’ve put cheap highway pegs on multiple motorcycles, and only one I ever had an issue with were $15 ones on my shadow(and they worked fine still just one peg vibrated a lil no matter what I did and annoyed the crap outta me so changed them).

I’ve got cheap amazon pegs on my indian. They look great, quality is fine, work great, nobody can tell they were “cheap” ones, and they only cost me $35. I got the cheap amazon/eBay rear crash bars, look exactly like Indians ones for less than 1/4 the price. Got a few other “cheap” add ons, and haven’t had a single complaint about them. And still looks like a nice quality motorcycle, unless you look for a brand name logo you can’t tell what’s cheap and what’s not(and even then can’t tell some things, like the rear bars that don’t have a logo on them even from Indian)

Anyways, here’s basically the ones I got(seller I got from doesn’t have them right now, but these are the same ones for a couple bucks more) and they work great for me.
I also bought the cheapy ebay/Amazon rear crash bars. Fit & finish are both very good. China made no doubt. I expect Indians are full of parts made in China, both OEM and bolt on's. Makes no sense to me to pay I/P prices when bars and other pieces are likely produced from the same or similar source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts