Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Indian chief vintage just had it serviced. Get it back to the house. Gear up for a ride. And the chassis warning light comes on, bike won't start. won't even turn over has anybody seen this before? Code 524040

·
Silver member
5,193 Posts

·
Silver member
5,193 Posts
I have a 2018 Indian chief vintage just had it serviced. Get it back to the house. Gear up for a ride. And the chassis warning light comes on, bike won't start. won't even turn over has anybody seen this before? Code 524040
I suspect the diagnostic codes are all the same for all bikes with the Bosch VCM. So I don't see 524040 in my 17 service manual. I don't have an 18 service manual. I do have a 2020 service manual for the challenger.

So if my theory is correct then your code means this:

Did they do any handlebar work while it was in for service?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suspect the diagnostic codes are all the same for all bikes with the Bosch VCM. So I don't see 524040 in my 17 service manual. I don't have an 18 service manual. I do have a 2020 service manual for the challenger.

So if my theory is correct then your code means this:

View attachment 591248

Did they do any handlebar work while it was in for service?
Im not sure. The bike went in for the recall on the gear sensor and a full service. The code you sent matches my display. I just ordered the 2018. Manual. And yes the start switch is not working. When you look in the riders manual" the ! Says chassis fault which brought me to the question I posted. My side covers do not have the codes listed on them. Thank you. Im guessing my start switch is junk.

·
Rider
551 Posts
I dropped my kickstand today thinking I was in neutral but I was in second and the bike cut out and the chassis lite lit ! After power off and back in neutral all was normal. I wouldn't have given it a second thought except that I read this thread prior! So did you check your kickstand switch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts