Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My USB port in the faring and my charging port in the trunk are both not working. Any ideas? I have a 2015 Roadmaster. I checked the fuses under the left dust cover and they all check out.

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
I believe they only working while the bike is turned on. Switched...

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
My 2017 Chieftain saddlebag port is on all the time, just used it yesterday and noticed that. Pulled my phone charger out so it wouldn't drain my battery. Can't comment on the dash, have you looked to see if a fuse is blown?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the fuses all seem to be fine. I also tried to charge my phone on the USB while it was running. Did not have any juice going to a USB port.

·
Rider
816 Posts
The Saddlebag 12 volt plug on my Springfield wasn’t working. I jiggled the plug under the right side cover and it worked, that was a while back. I’ve had the bags off several times since and it always works.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Check the connections on the back of the plugs, they may have come loose.

·
Rider
416 Posts
The fairing connection is switched (only hot when ignition is on) The trunk should be hot all the time. Check the wire in the bottom of the outlet. Just use a small flat screwdriver and gently pry up on edge from inside of trunk. It has spade terminal connections. I had mine in for service and the tech pulled one of the wires loose and didn't notice. Put it back, no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts