Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not crazy about the stock Scout badging and was considering changing it out for the larger Indian script from the Springfield. I'm sure the tank curve is different; has anyone here done this? How difficult is it to adjust the tank curve?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out Rikki Rockett on YouTube, he has a video on re badging the scout bobber...if that's what you mean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, he just applied a decal. I'm curious about changing the curve of the chrome Springfield emblem/badge to match the Scout tank profile.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I took the badges off of my Scout and went with a custom painted on warbonett. Noticed that the nameplate was pretty thin and somewhat able to bend easily. Does the Springfield badge come already curved? Or is it flat and you just shape it to the tank? Maybe you could mold it to the Scout tank before removing the protective layner on the sticky side of the badge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they're precurved for the tanks on the Springfield and other 111s. I was just mining the experience base to see if anyone had reshaped them (to match Scout tank or other) using a heat gun. It seems like it should be simple enough.

Your bike looks great! I have the burgundy also and am thinking about custom paint at some point too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts