Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not super hard, pulling the wires out of the old bars, was actually harder than feeding them into the new bars. Items of note,
to get left grip off I just pried with large screwdriver against radio switch housing grip just popped loose no issue there as there was a very small amount of adhesive, but getting grip back on with the heated grip connector, the grip did not want to go back on all the way, had to pack wiring into end of bar just perfect to get end cap back on as it had popped off trying to force grip the last 1/16" to get mounting screw hole lined back up . Not a hard job, just time consuming if ya never did it, headlight bezel has the two screws on the wings, then pull kinda hard on top edge to get male fittings to release from rubber grommets, then it's hooked at the bottom. Rode about a hundred miles right after install today, and absolutely love the new position, guess 2" was plenty, now to convince her of that LOL.
Couple pics,
RM handle bar swap 058.jpg
RM handle bar swap 057.jpg
RM handle bar swap 056.jpg

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You did it with just the headlight bezel off and not taking the fairing apart or tank off?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You did it with just the headlight bezel off and not taking the fairing apart or tank off?
That is correct, and there is no need to remove the tank console either, you take the front screw out of the console and just loosen the one up front as it goes into a slot of the console, and the wire harness is long enough for the console to site along the left ( sitting on bike ) side of the tank, just cover the whole tank with a towel. The whole job can truly be done in an hour, but that will be the second time, not the first, it took me two hours the first time, as I read the directions. Remove the riser bolts from the tank side, theres more room and more control of holding the bars. Label all the wire connectors well, as the do in fact swap side to side for a couple of them. Also, leave the riser clamp bolts on the tank side loose, and after complete reassembly, site on bike, adjust bar height and check clearance to console, mine at full lock were just hitting console as I had them too low, but they are perfect now and quite comfy, I put roughly 300 mi on em so far and love the feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts