Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to bring my grips up and back towards me as my forearms keep getting sore with the stock bars. I only see the reduced reach bars in chrome and prefer to stay with the black. What other options are out there? I see these Rox Risers, are they worth it? Indian Scout 2" Pivoting Bar Riser

Would mini apes be an option?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I had mini apes on my Scout from new so never tried the stock bars. The mini apes were a good fit. They looked taller from the front than they felt when riding. My hands were about the same height as my elbows on the road.

·
Bronze member
1,457 Posts
This might sound counter intuitive, but the 1920 Indian bars are a big improvement. The ergonomics are different. A lot better IMO. The reach is less, the hand angle is more turned inward, although no more narrower than the OEM bars. It would be worth while to go to an Indian dealer that has a Scout w/these bars already on it just to sit on and try out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indian makes a 10 inch ape in black. I have one on order.
Where can you order one? I just looked on the main Indian site and they only list a scout ape in chrome?

·
Registered
436 Posts
It doesn’t show a 2020 Sixty - best bet would be to call the guys about the handlebar you’re interested! 😎👍

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The Indian parts database is notoriously bad when it comes to listing what parts fit what bike. If other sellers take their information from Indian, then they will be just as inaccurate.

I had a 2016 60 and according to their parts database in those early days nothing would fit (such as the rear rack I bought against the advice of the parts guy and it fitted fine) when in reality everything fitted both bikes.

There should be no difference between the Scout and the 60 for what fits (unless you are replacing gearbox parts). When buying different bars the only issue you should face is whether the stock cables are long enough to suit taller bars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks. Looks like the are through Polaris with same ship date.
It says "Shipped & Sold by Twigg Cycles". So I'm assuming they got a hold of some from Polaris.

Heck I've been looking for some of these in black on Indian's website but all I've been seeing is the chrome version. Go figure...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,103 Posts
I've got the black mini apes on my Scout and like them a lot. Made a huge improvement in comfort over the stock handlebars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the rox risers and they were very comfortable, but a chore to get the angle right to not interfere with the gas cap. A screw on cap might have made the issue nonexistent. I eventually got some reduced reach bars for the octane that are black and fit just fine. They were a bit cheaper too, but the availability is what got me, couldn't find any indian reduced reach bars for a while so I gave up on them. The risers were a bit more comfortable because of the up and back angling, but the octane bars are comfortable enough for my back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts