Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so is it just us or is the clutch cable completely impossible to unscrew from the original clutch lever?
so we need to disconnect the cable from both ends?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ours was jammed hard as hell - whole thing snapped in to pieces. eventually got it out but now I need a new one

·
Registered
496 Posts
ours was jammed hard as hell - whole thing snapped in to pieces. eventually got it out but now I need a new one
Mine also disintegrated. Didn’t bother replacing it. I don’t recall having to unscrew the clutch cable at all. Believe I was simply able to hold the clutch disengaged (lever squeezed) and then release the lever without releasing the cable so that there was a lot of slack and slide it out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Mine was the same Tash...went to get it out ala Max but it just snapped off. Ended up drilling a small hole in it and using an easyout to get the rest of it out. Didn’t bother replacing it...did you get your actuator for the brake side sitting nicely into the boot?…👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine was the same Tash...went to get it out ala Max but it just snapped off. Ended up drilling a small hole in it and using an easyout to get the rest of it out. Didn’t bother replacing it...did you get your actuator for the brake side sitting nicely into the boot?…👍😎🇦🇺
yeah I remember yours was bad too - only reason I'd replace it is to cover some of the scratches lol.
yes got the actuator in, appreciate your tip about that cause it was fiddly as hell.
happy with the end result though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts