Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issue locating some 15W 60 oil around here so found some by some French company called MOTUL:

Text Poster Font Advertising Graphics

Well it was freaking green. I've never seen GREEN oil before.

Green Water bottle

I looked at that packaging about 30000 times to make sure it said OIL and not Anti-freeze. Anyone ever see Oil like this before? I tell you one thing for sure, it made checking the oil level a lot easier. Better to see Green on Black dipstick than black oil on a black dipstick!

Freaking French... even their oil has to be fancy.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Wow that’s messing with my head. It would be really hard to pour that in!

·
Rider
946 Posts
Had an issue locating some 15W 60 oil around here so found some by some French company called MOTUL:

View attachment 601304

View attachment 601303

I looked at that packaging about 30000 times to make sure it said OIL and not Anti-freeze. Anyone ever see Oil like this before? I tell you one thing for sure, it made checking the oil level a lot easier. Better to see Green on Black dipstick than black oil on a black dipstick!

I would be doing the same and also doing the touch, smell, and almost to the point of taste tests.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANK YOU. You've put my mind at ease. Never in my lifetime of changing oil have I seen oil that color. I already started pouring it when I noticed the color and had a "OH SHIT" moment. lol

It's oil
Its that brand of oil
Just did a spyder with same oil, did the same double, triple take

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
This was a first for me. Never seen or heard of oil being green. I just learned something new. It would have drove me nuts until I confirmed it was right.

Phil

·
Registered
657 Posts
THANK YOU. You've put my mind at ease. Never in my lifetime of changing oil have I seen oil that color. I already started pouring it when I noticed the color and had a "OH SHIT" moment. lol
Pretty much had same reaction
Wtf is green

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
474 Posts
Motul is awesome stuff! Especially that 300v! I've used it for years in all of my track bikes with tons of abuse and never had an engine failure! Not only is it green but kinda smells like cherries! Lol. Have never used it in my Indians but every one of my crotch rockets have had nothing but Motul 300V in them

·
Registered
63 Posts

View attachment 601304

View attachment 601303

That green oil would have me taking a second look too! The Klotz 20w-40 I use in my Roadmaster has a cherry red color and smells "fruity" and that took me some getting used to. But that green color is definitely different!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been using Motul for decades, every bike I've owned. Its always been cherry red. I have a quart left over and I wonder what it will look like when I mix it with the green stuff.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts