Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First rides on the bike were pretty harsh. I loved the power, loved the looks, loved the handling(sans the lean angle) but that stock suspension was horrible. Stock pipes are a travesty as well.

500 mile service got my extras put on. Stage one kit(dealership kit sans pipes, went with vance & hines slash cuts). Passenger seat as well. The fox two shocks were out of stock but they had a set of supershox for a regular scout in stock that would raise the rear some(something I had been wanting to do eventually anyway).

Absolute night and day difference. The sound is fantastic, the look is fantastic and even with the rear 'backrest' it still looks pretty slick, and the rear shocks turned this thing from a painful ride on bumpy back roads to a dream. Even 2-up(about 320lbs total between the wife and I) is smooth as can be and they can be hand adjusted on the fly. I actually like the slightly raised look as well but I know it does detract some from the bobber name(not that I much care but I know not all share my POV on this)

I have to say I am extremely impressed with this bike. Wouldn't mind a touch more power but it's more than enough to have a lot of fun on. Extremely controllable but still begs you to twist it on the open road. My only big gripe is the lean angle but it is a bobber... The stock seat also doesn't do a great job of holding you in place when you really give it the beans but once you learn to be ready for it it isn't horrible.Only observation with the passenger seat is it's....uh.... pretty 'violent' at high RPM's. Take this how you will, and not to be crass but it's worth noting, I don't think the wife minds at all, that said, if you plan on putting any serious miles on with a passenger it might become less fun and more uncomfortable at some point. Still waiting to see how the back seat wears in over time.

·
Bronze member
2,761 Posts
I'm with you @BowHunter , love the looks of the slightly higher rear end.. Another rare "win win" component ( Supershox for a regular Scout) ..

What was the cost of those SuperShox ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just picked up the Comfort Seat this week for my bobber sixty and I can tell you it's a night and day difference. Just enough amount bigger to make for a comfortable ride while also providing better cushion.

I'm curious on the cost for the shocks also, my wife has already commented on what bumps feel like when she's riding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm with you @BowHunter , love the looks of the slightly higher rear end.. Another rare "win win" component ( Supershox for a regular Scout) ..

What was the cost of those SuperShox ?
Uhh... I THINK they were around 600. I could be horribly wrong on that though. They didn't have the exact price for me when they asked if I was ok with the SS over the Fox Two's but said they were definitely cheaper. Haven't made it back to the dealer yet to find out and get my money back haha, forgot to ask when they did the install.

·
Rider
1,333 Posts
That passenger seat is for wives/girlfriends that want to accompany you on a short, 10-15 min ride doing about 50mph...

I'd never take my wife on my bike with that passenger pillion on a 70-100 mile ride - she'd hate me forever...

If you want to take your wife/gf on a longer ride, you're going to need an actual back rest or padded sissy bar 👍🏼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That passenger seat is for wives/girlfriends that want to accompany you on a short, 10-15 min ride doing about 50mph...

I'd never take my wife on my bike with that passenger pillion on a 70-100 mile ride - she'd hate me forever...

If you want to take your wife/gf on a longer ride, you're going to need an actual back rest or padded sissy bar 👍🏼
She's gonna have to deal for now as next summers list includes getting her a dirt cheap bike off of craigslist so I can show her how to ride herself around some local parking lot, then MSF course, then after a year or so riding she'll get a decent bike of her own(or get the Indian and I'll get myself an xDiavel or Rocket 3 :D)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I actually like the slightly raised look as well but I know it does detract some from the bobber name
It's your bike, if you like the slightly raised look, that's all that matters. I like your color scheme and the slash-cut VH pipes are looking good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts