Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys, that trunk is off of a RM darkhorse. It fits but there isn't a wiring harness out yet. Also I'm sure for the challenger DH IMC will put one out there with black brackets.

The RM darkhorse has several chrome accents and also comes standard with the chrome brackets on the tour pack as this photo shows.

Just clearing it up, this tour pack shown was not designed for the Challenger. There isn't a tour pack for them yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys, that trunk is off of a RM darkhorse. It fits but there isn't a wiring harness out yet. Also I'm sure for the challenger DH IMC will put one out there with black brackets.

The RM darkhorse has several chrome accents and also comes standard with the chrome brackets on the tour pack as this photo shows.

Just clearing it up, this tour pack shown was not designed for the Challenger. There isn't a tour pack for them yet.
Thanks for clarifying!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for clarifying!
No problem. Several people sent me screen shots of this and I figured I should jump on quick and mention this.

We have been told by IMC engineers something should be released no later than spring. Either a tour pack for the challenger or a wiring harness so the tail lights and speakers can work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
They have to have something ready/in process. Too many people, including myself, will be wanting one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No problem. Several people sent me screen shots of this and I figured I should jump on quick and mention this.

We have been told by IMC engineers something should be released no later than spring. Either a tour pack for the challenger or a wiring harness so the tail lights and speakers can work.
Thanks Troy, so if they just do a wiring harness then you would use a roadmaster trunk?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Troy, so if they just do a wiring harness then you would use a roadmaster trunk?
If there were a harness, it does fit on the spools just fine.

But the brackets on the RM DH are chrome. I wouldn't want that on a challenger DH myself because the challenger is almost totally finished in black.

Either way, right now you'd have to rig up the wiring. I will wait until IMC releases the correct harness and black brackets. I am excited to trade in my RM for a challenger. I am blown away by how good that bike is. I didnt expect a bike as good as the chieftain/roadmaster to be out done by that much. But the challenger delivered.

·
Bronze member
2,781 Posts
I figured it would work... the minute it had the same part # for the back rest as the Chieftain and then said the Trunk didn't work on their web-site I knew they were full of crap... but I agree the one that "officially" will work probably won't look like this one... unless they just do the wiring and call it good... I think a Harley chopped trunk looks better with these new style saddle bags anyway... and much cheaper.. and it looks like a unsold JD Springfield in the back ground...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,896 Posts

Might not be designed for the Challenger but damn it does look great on that bike. Since the rear fender and side bags are from the Chieftain it is no surprise that this would fit the Challenger. From the pic it looks like a great match. Fits the lines of the bike well. Dean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Might not be designed for the Challenger but damn it does look great on that bike. Since the rear fender and side bags are from the Chieftain it is no surprise that this would fit the Challenger. From the pic it looks like a great match. Fits the lines of the bike well. Dean
No doubt. The wiring harness was the only thing missing all along. The backrest fit so I knew this would too. But they didnt release it as an accessory for the challenger and no part number for a wiring harness. I think we'll see a Touring model really soon, shortly after a trunk will be available to purchase that comes with the harness. ;)

·
Silver member
3,262 Posts
They've got to be planning a new-design trunk:
  • It will look more sporting and more integrated with the Challenger design
  • Some out there might not like the old design
I bet it will include cool LED tail light array, and perhaps other light effects, such as lighting up handles if approached with dongle, like the puddle lights do. After all the wiring harness isn't released yet. Would be another check in plus column on comparison lists. Further defines and differentiates the new sports line.

If not, missed boat man.

·
Bronze member
2,781 Posts
If you look close at the rear fender.. it's not the same as the Chieftain... it has edges on the corner.. the Chieftain is completely round...and the picture of it posted is that it is not fully valanced... but it does look nice... my money is on a new design that might find it's way onto the Roadmaster Darkhorse..

·
Registered
14 Posts
They've got to be planning a new-design trunk:
  • It will look more sporting and more integrated with the Challenger design
  • Some out there might not like the old design
I bet it will include cool LED tail light array, and perhaps other light effects, such as lighting up handles if approached with dongle, like the puddle lights do. After all the wiring harness isn't released yet. Would be another check in plus column on comparison lists. Further defines and differentiates the new sports line.

If not, missed boat man.
I think you're on to something. I'm pretty blessed to be here in MN and I oversee two top 10 IMC dealerships so we get engineers, sales managers, vp, and even the president of IMC in the dealerships all the time.

What I would expect to see is just that, something to add even more top of the line finishes like IMC continues to put out. Something light weight as well ,as to not upset the performance, and some extra niceties like puddle light etc.

The challenger was meant to draw in the younger generation with performance and technology in mind. I'm certain the tour version of the challenger will be another opportunity to push the envelope.

·
Bronze member
2,131 Posts
Wiring harness, redesigned trunk, trunk liner, lights, trunk mounting hardware, matching keyed lock, etc. I'm guessing with tax, this will be close to $4k.

·
Silver member
3,262 Posts
I think you're on to something. I'm pretty blessed to be here in MN and I oversee two top 10 IMC dealerships so we get engineers, sales managers, vp, and even the president of IMC in the dealerships all the time.

What I would expect to see is just that, something to add even more top of the line finishes like IMC continues to put out. Something light weight as well as to not upset the performance and some extra niceties like bubble light etc.

The challenger was meant to draw in the younger generation with performance and technology in mind. I'm certain the tour version of the challenger will be another opportunity to push the envelope.
Interesting and well stated.

·
Bronze member
1,573 Posts
Looks to ungainly to my eye. The Challenger needs a smaller, flatter trunk to match the overall styling theme.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts