Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my RM yesterday for a Challenger in Black Pearl. Needed a tour pack. There is a wiring harness which mates up with the tour pack and will operate the electric locks. They could not figure out how to get the rear speakers to work, and will have to work on further. The seat is notched at the rear center underside for the harness to pass through also. Here are pics. This bike has lots of HP especially at highway speed. Lows speed tight turns feel much easier. It does not resist the lean at all, nor does it feel like its going to fall over. I will need to replace the antenna though as it was not intended to coexist with a tour pack.
20200606_101459.jpg
20200606_101331.jpg
20200606_101346.jpg
20200606_101359.jpg
20200606_101451.jpg

·
German Rider
1,789 Posts
Greetz from Germany to Palm Beach. Great looking bike and maybe we will see us in Daytona next March.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Very nice! I agree with you, great handling, great performance stock. My 116 has way more performance on the top end, but I much prefer the tight handling of the Challenger.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Traded in my RM yesterday for a Challenger in Black Pearl. Needed a tour pack. There is a wiring harness which mates up with the tour pack and will operate the electric locks. They could not figure out how to get the rear speakers to work, and will have to work on further. The seat is notched at the rear center underside for the harness to pass through also. Here are pics. This bike has lots of HP especially at highway speed. Lows speed tight turns feel much easier. It does not resist the lean at all, nor does it feel like its going to fall over. I will need to replace the antenna though as it was not intended to coexist with a tour pack. View attachment 592779 View attachment 592775 View attachment 592776 View attachment 592777 View attachment 592778
Dang, dude, that looks frickin’ amazing in black! Great pics.

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
Traded in my RM yesterday for a Challenger in Black Pearl. Needed a tour pack. There is a wiring harness which mates up with the tour pack and will operate the electric locks. They could not figure out how to get the rear speakers to work, and will have to work on further. The seat is notched at the rear center underside for the harness to pass through also. Here are pics. This bike has lots of HP especially at highway speed. Lows speed tight turns feel much easier. It does not resist the lean at all, nor does it feel like its going to fall over. I will need to replace the antenna though as it was not intended to coexist with a tour pack. View attachment 592779 View attachment 592775 View attachment 592776 View attachment 592777 View attachment 592778
Looks great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dang, dude, that looks frickin’ amazing in black! Great pics.
I went to my local dealer yesterday and he told me the read trunk is not available. I went to buy the challenger so wanted to come back and do some research. Where did you buy the trunk?

·
Bronze member
2,707 Posts
If you’ll join the Challenger group on Facebook, there’s a guy that has figured out the trunk speaker dilemma. If you’ll post a question on that site, someone can give you details on hooking up the trunk speakers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I went to my local dealer yesterday and he told me the read trunk is not available. I went to buy the challenger so wanted to come back and do some research. Where did you buy the trunk?
Your dealer is probably talking about the Challenger trunk, it has not been released yet. Guys are using RM trunks. MAke sure you are sitting down when you get the price. If your dealer won't help you call Rog Gregory, he has done many trunks for Challengers complete with wiring. He would probably even tell your dealer what they need to make it all work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts