Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike about a week ago and love it. 1300 miles in about 3 trips... Anyways, I want it louder. With the stage 1 tune and exhaust from Indian, what would the cat delete do? I've read so many mixed reviews but I don't see many people who have done this with indians slipons. Would they be significantly louder? Would I really loose low end? Sucks to have to wait for a tune ... Thanks for your responses!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did a video with a sound comparison. I have Rineharts, but they should be very close to the same. It sounds a LOT better with the cat delete.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,298 Posts
It's only a little bit more money to change the Slipons. I think I got my Rineharts for $600 when the cat delete is $450. I love the deep sound they have. I also think they look better sticking out the back too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid 1000 for the stage 1 Indian slipons(maybe like an idiot) I'm attempting to see what these would sound like with the cat delete...

·
Registered
86 Posts
The results are going to be fairly similar between the Indian S1 and the Rineharts with the 2.5" baffles. You won't lose any low end torque like you would with the Tabs with Zombie baffles as yours will still provide enough backpressure. The difference in volume will be much the same as in the video, the pitch just might be a little different. Either way you won't be disappointed with the cat delete.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What would be the reasons for deleting the cat?
tl;dr: better sound.

The main outcome is an increase in sound volume and deeper tone. it's not just a catalytic converter on the Challenger, it's also a resonator. Removing a resonator not only increases the volume, but completely changes the tone of the exhaust (for the better). There's a slight performance gain of around ~2hp, but that might see better gains once a tune becomes available. No real change in heat unlike the 111's since the cat/resonator is under the frame of the Challenger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts