Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Just got through watching both the drag race and the taco truck tow challenge you tube videos since both pooped up to the right on this web site. LOVE IT! No doubt about the better bike in these two videos....

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's all good until some kid on a more comparable to the Challenger, apples to apples v-twin, water cooled, OHC, puney little 74 inch HD V-Rod that he picked up cheap cause they didnt sell well to the push rod - air cooled HD gangsters shows up and mops the road with the Indian Challenger 108 inch.. It will also be interesting to see what happens when the scheduled bagger "track day" happens this spring and the other OHC, water cooled baggers show up (Beemer 1600cc @ 160 horse, new Wing 1800cc @ 110 horse) that are actually comparing apples to apples with the Challenger.. My guess, when that happens,, the bagger motorcycling community will see:
1st place: Beemer
2nd place: Wing
3rd place: Indian
and then in the apples for apples air cooled/push rod engines:
1st place: HD 114
2nd place: Indian 111
3rd place: Yamaha Eluder 113
I also highly suspect that HD is sitting - waiting to see if the HD bagger world really is ready accept, and purchase watercooled OHC engines as the "new" seller.. I think HD got hammered enough with the V-Rod's loss of profit that they are not going to redo that amazing design until they know its sellable this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts