Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that the trip screen resets every time I stop the bike. How would this help if you are leaving for a 10 day trip? I know I must be missing something.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think you just need to keep it running.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have noticed this after doing a Ride Command update on my bike towards the end of last year. Just haven't taken the time to investigate, but it does in fact reset the trip screen each and every time the bike is powered down and back up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So far I haven't fooled with the Ride Command for trips. Geeze the technology these days is gonna kill this 73 yo guy! But...., on my Harley, I could stop and start as many times as I wanted while on a trip and the dang thing kept up with everything and at the end the "Ride Summary" showed total running time, number of stops, so forth and so on, and wouldn't reset until I pushed on "End trip" or something like that. I can't believe the Challenger doesn't have something similar....

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far I haven't fooled with the Ride Command for trips. Geeze the technology these days is gonna kill this 73 yo guy! But...., on my Harley, I could stop and start as many times as I wanted while on a trip and the dang thing kept up with everything and at the end the "Ride Summary" showed total running time, number of stops, so forth and so on, and wouldn't reset until I pushed on "End trip" or something like that. I can't believe the Challenger doesn't have something similar....
The original Ride Command software that came on the bike when I purchased it back in March 2020, did in fact have that functionality. There is a reset "button" on the trip screen much like what you described on your Harley. However, after performing an update of the software, it now does each and every time you power cycle the bike. Probably should go see if there is an update to the software and if that issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,255 Posts
There isn't an update that fixes that bug and I'm supper annoyed by it. I loved that feature for tracking rides with lots of stops. The only other option is to manually reset one of the trip meters. Since the update, I basically never use that screen now. Here's the real kicker... It doesn't always reset after each time you kill the bike. There seems to be something that triggers it. I've come back and had it keep recording from the previous day and I have no idea how/why.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There isn't an update that fixes that bug and I'm supper annoyed by it. I loved that feature for tracking rides with lots of stops. The only other option is to manually reset one of the trip meters. Since the update, I basically never use that screen now. Here's the real kicker... It doesn't always reset after each time you kill the bike. There seems to be something that triggers it. I've come back and had it keep recording from the previous day and I have no idea how/why.
i believe you guys are on the ride data screen, it will rest after the bike has been off for a certain amount of time..... if you go to the screen that has the odometer on the widgets and click on it you can go between trip 1 and 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts