Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or with the Challenger has Polaris come up with an even more difficult way to check the rear tire pressure? The Vision and Chief models are bad enough, but it's downright awkward on the Challenger. :mad:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Agree. It is quite a pain. And since it seems my tires need filling every couple of days, it gets rather old trying to find the rear valve stem--not to mention reaching it to attach the pump, etc.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A long chuck I have. A longer valve stem is what's needed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You mean it's worse than the TS 111 models with bags? That has been my #1 complaint with the Chieftains I've had; I'm getting too old to get down on elbows/knees to add air to that rear tire, not to mention the bloody/bruised back of my hand where I inevitably scrape it on the rear pulley, which has some pretty sharp edges.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mean it's worse than the TS 111 models with bags? ...
IMHO, yes. In the last 10 years I've had 3 Visions, a Vintage, a Roadmaster and now the Challenger. The rear tire on the Challenger is the worst. Not only is it hard to get to, the "spokes" of the rear wheel have a sharp edge to them and the valve stem seems to be hiding. I'll be looking for a new pressure gauge with a longer reach.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have installed a ~2" valve stem extension on mine. Works better but still a pain. I like the idea of a spot of white out on the tire. Will have to do that.

·
Rider
1,047 Posts
I can’t imagine the Challenger is any more difficult than my Harleys, Vision, Gold Wing or present Road Master. Although a center stand like the Wings made it easier while on the road away from my K&L lift table. My issue before last Match were a couple of wore out old knees. Getting down on all fours is no big deal now. I do have to pack knee pads though. I’ll let you know how a Challenger fits up on the table next spring lol.

Attachments

Reactions: MattyBoy

·
Registered
16 Posts
First I make my wife come out and watch me move the bike until the chuck is bottom center - she loves this bonding experience. Then I use an air gauge with a 45 degree angled chuck. Then I have a compressor with a clip on chuck. Still have to lay on the ground to do this, but I keep an old yoga mat in the garage for this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts