Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10k on the beast and it looks like it’s getting time to get some new tread. I do like the OEM Metz CruiseTec tires performance. Never had a bike have both tires wear out at the same time. Searched the forum and did not find any discussions on alternate tires for the Challenger. Just curious what others have tried and happy with grip, rain, tar snakes and wear.

Rick

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’m impressed with these tires so far at 7500mi Mountain twisties, in/out city traffic, running fast, long roadtrips, dry/wet... I’ll do these Metz again!

·
Registered
99 Posts
There was a post a few months back by ElGringo (I think), where he said the Cruise Tec tires did not perform well in cold, wet conditions. I believe he changed to Pirelli Night Dragons.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only place that I thought they under-performed is on "tar snakes". Hit a couple when I was in the Black Hills (and it was hot) that almost felt like I was going to have the front tire slide out from under me! All motorcycle tires do not like tar snakes when it's hot, but these are worse than the Michelins I had on my Vision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts