Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here trying to figure out this new machine. I had the bike on the driveway and was peeling the sticker off the gas tank (yeah, it's that new) when suddenly the power switch turned red and the horn stated honking. I ran inside and grabbed the fob and stopped the horn, but I'm not sure what I did to set it off. I have read the owner's manual and there is almost no mention of the security system. While peeling off that sticker, I also noticed there is a fork lock in the fairing, something again not mentioned in the owner's manual. Is there any literature on the 2020 Challenger security system? I am also new to the Indian brand, so maybe this system is in other models, but I did a search online and here and do not see any info on this system. It would be nice to know how it works, so I don't accidently set it off again.

·
Rider
943 Posts
try pressing the lock button twice and see if the horn gives a quick chirp. If it does then you are active. I sometimes have to try it a couple of times to get the timing right.

·
Bronze member
1,460 Posts
Grish, I assume, perhaps unknowingly, that you might have MOVED the bike....of which the internal security system senses and "intruder" without a FOB...and bingo, hence the bells and whistles. I also noticed with my Challenger that when I power the bike down after a ride and walk away with my FOB, the bike goes into "alarm/security" mode and LOCKS the bags....which I really like. No need to press any buttons with the FOB. You will need your FOB to unlock your bike and power up. Your selling dealer should have given you a quick lesson in the features of the bike, but I have to say a lot of salesmen with the Polaris brand don't really have a clue. Some/most of them don't even ride a motorcycle, never mind ride an Indian. This is a great forum to ask your questions, as there are a few guys with a clue. Ride safe and ride the wheels off that Challenger.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info. My dealer did go over the bike with me, although I do not remember talking about the security system. I'll ask them when I go back for the initial service. The Indian dealer is an old HD dealership that changed over a few years back. The sales gal rides a Scout and the GM rides a Challenger.
A wheel lock is the only security I've ever had on a bike, so this system is very new to me. I must say I like having it!

·
Rider
842 Posts
Grish, I assume, perhaps unknowingly, that you might have MOVED the bike....of which the internal security system senses and "intruder" without a FOB...and bingo, hence the bells and whistles. I also noticed with my Challenger that when I power the bike down after a ride and walk away with my FOB, the bike goes into "alarm/security" mode and LOCKS the bags....which I really like. No need to press any buttons with the FOB. You will need your FOB to unlock your bike and power up. Your selling dealer should have given you a quick lesson in the features of the bike, but I have to say a lot of salesmen with the Polaris brand don't really have a clue. Some/most of them don't even ride a motorcycle, never mind ride an Indian. This is a great forum to ask your questions, as there are a few guys with a clue. Ride safe and ride the wheels off that Challenger.
My Challenger doesn't lock the bags by itself. I have to manually set the lock as I get off the bike, which also activates the alarm.

·
Rider
842 Posts
New guy here trying to figure out this new machine. I had the bike on the driveway and was peeling the sticker off the gas tank (yeah, it's that new) when suddenly the power switch turned red and the horn stated honking. I ran inside and grabbed the fob and stopped the horn, but I'm not sure what I did to set it off. I have read the owner's manual and there is almost no mention of the security system. While peeling off that sticker, I also noticed there is a fork lock in the fairing, something again not mentioned in the owner's manual. Is there any literature on the 2020 Challenger security system? I am also new to the Indian brand, so maybe this system is in other models, but I did a search online and here and do not see any info on this system. It would be nice to know how it works, so I don't accidently set it off again.
You would have had to have the biked "locked "and bumped the power button while pulling the sticker off, to set off the alarm.

If the battery in the key fob is low (replace), one of the following may happen, horn honks 5 seconds after start-up, security light stays illuminated for 20 seconds, battery light and security are both illuminated.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
My Challenger doesn't lock the bags by itself. I have to manually set the lock as I get off the bike, which also activates the alarm.
I also have to lock the bags with the FOB. How do you know the security is activated? I ask because I do not know.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Click " lock" twice to set the security feature.
Thanx, if you do that is there any indication it is active? Meaning, does the security light flash like on my HD bikes?

·
Founding member
2,170 Posts
Thanx, if you do that is there any indication it is active? Meaning, does the security light flash like on my HD bikes?
If it is like the 111s, the horn will honk and lights will flash when first activated, but there is no indication that it is armed. It is disarmed if you move/start the bike when the fob is in range. If moved or buttons are pushed without the fob, you can also disarm the (loud) alarm by using your PIN.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, the button to the left the gas tank lid opener. Just press that left button twice (in a 1,2, second cadence). The Challenger will horn chirp, and the large start button will turn red, Get on your moto and start messing around, I moved the bike and nearly shite myself. Have your FOB away from the moto first, if you have it on your person the FOB will deactivate the alarm. When alarm goes off retrieve FOB and press Large Start Button. There is a lock for the forks on right side, you might have to move handlebars a little to find the lock position when your key is in Key lock

1 - 18 of 18 Posts