Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I just spent a pretty penny on installing the rinehart slip ons. They are just slightly louder than the stock pipes and I am really really dissapointed because I put slip ons on my bobber and it made a world of a difference. I feel like I wasted my money. Has anyone else had this experience? When idling or turning on the bike you do not hear anything resembling the way a bike should sound. Any ideas? This is bumming me out.

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
Hey so I just spent a pretty penny on installing the rinehart slip ons. They are just slightly louder than the stock pipes and I am really really dissapointed because I put slip ons on my bobber and it made a world of a difference. I feel like I wasted my money. Has anyone else had this experience? When idling or turning on the bike you do not hear anything resembling the way a bike should sound. Any ideas? This is bumming me out.

The CAT and giant resonator box squash down a lot of the sound on this bike. You need to get one of the 2 into 1 into 2 after market headers that get rid of the resonator box and CAT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CAT and giant resonator box squash down a lot of the sound on this bike. You need to get one of the 2 into 1 into 2 after market headers that get rid of the resonator box and CAT
That sounds complicated and more expensive. Is there a problem with removing the baffles?

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
That sounds complicated and more expensive. Is there a problem with removing the baffles?

That really won't make a huge difference, and removing the baffles will kill your performance.

This is what many guys are putting on the bike

The last video shows you what pulling the CAT sounds like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like my Rineharts, and was happy with the sound for the most part. I did start to want a little more sound, so I ordered the Rinehart Hi-Flo baffles. Don't do that, there is very little difference in sound, and not worth the $90 they cost. Pull the trigger and get the CAT delete mid pipe like I did yesterday. It's a very noticeable sound difference, though not obnoxious, with the Rineharts, not to mention cooler running, and saving a few pounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like my Rineharts, and was happy with the sound for the most part. I did start to want a little more sound, so I ordered the Rinehart Hi-Flo baffles. Don't do that, there is very little difference in sound, and not worth the $90 they cost. Pull the trigger and get the CAT delete mid pipe like I did yesterday. It's a very noticeable sound difference, though not obnoxious, with the Rineharts, not to mention cooler running, and saving a few pounds.
Thanks man!! You ordered the cat delete stuff from TAB?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,293 Posts
I've got the Rineharts and was in the same boat but as they've "settled in" they've gotten louder. I ride a lot with my father in law and there's been a couple times he's asked me if I did something to them because they're louder. I've got nearly 3k miles on them now and I think they sound a lot better than they did the day I put them on.

I've also been looking at the TAB 2-1-2 cat delete but I think I'm going to wait for a tuner before I pull the trigger on that. Here's a great before/after video. He's got the Rineharts as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anyone install the TAB cat eliminator but keep the stock mufflers? I'm thinking that would be a sweet combo. The stock mufflers come will a perforated baffle plate already but the "goat bladder" (what we called the same configuration on the Vulcan 1500-1600s) back in the day is where the true bottle neck is in this factory exhaust system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have Radiant Cycle slip on
and they sound good but loud, I wear ear plugs when riding. Especially at 70mph
I just went the dealer for first oil change 2021 Scout
Bobber 20 they said nothing about my new slip
Onsok
il_794xN.2312338932_cd9l.jpg
20210505_152349.jpg
Screenshot_20210505-094744_Calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20210505-094737_Calculator.jpg