Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently purchased a new challenger, I love the bike. I am having issues with the ride command widgets. When I customize the bike information pages, they won’t save. When I shut the bike off the widgets reset to factory presets. Is this normal operation? Am I missing something?

The bike is a base model without the upgraded ride command. No GPS, weather, traffic overlay etc.

Thanks

·
Rider
426 Posts
Typical for the base model mine does the same I'm having NAV installed next Tuesday That will fix the issue

Hopefully future updates from Polaris will fix the issue without purchasing the Navigation

·
Registered
204 Posts
Typical for the base model mine does the same I'm having NAV installed next Tuesday That will fix the issue

Hopefully future updates from Polaris will fix the issue without purchasing the Navigation
I have the base model and Nav did fix mine. Ditto on the upcoming update but timing for that seems up in the air - sometime this summer to well in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is a bunch of crap. I specifically bought the garage door opener for my base model Challenger because the instructions said it would work fine. Technically it does, but the widget disappears every time I shut the power off. So I have to go through the sequence and put the widget on the screen every time I power on. C’mon Indian!!

·
Bronze member
1,464 Posts
This is a bunch of crap. I specifically bought the garage door opener for my base model Challenger because the instructions said it would work fine. Technically it does, but the widget disappears every time I shut the power off. So I have to go through the sequence and put the widget on the screen every time I power on. C’mon Indian!!

Reef, I installed the garage door opener kit on my Challenger and works like a rolex for me. What a really nice feature....when pulling in late at night, rolling down the driveway with the bike off....and quietly into the garage insuring I don't wake up the Misses or my great neighbors. You might have gotten a "dirty" download on your screen or a bad widget. Unless the Ride Command software is that much different on the base model and doesn't allow the homelink to remain on your screen. Should be and REMAIN in lower right hand corner of your RC screen. I have a Dark Horse and that was the best aftermarket feature.....so far.....on this bike!!!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,085 Posts
. You might have gotten a "dirty" download on your screen or a bad widget. Unless the Ride Command software is that much different on the base model and doesn't allow the homelink to remain on your screen. Should be and REMAIN in lower right hand corner of your RC screen. I have a Dark Horse and that was the best aftermarket feature.....so far.....on this bike!!!
It's a known ride command issue on the base model. All widget customizations are lost at power off. Supposed to be fixed in the next release but the ETA has slipped.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's a known ride command issue on the base model. All widget customizations are lost at power off. Supposed to be fixed in the next release but the ETA has slipped.
Unless you get the Navigation Modem upgrade, then widgets stay put.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Unless you get the Navigation Modem upgrade, then widgets stay put.

Yeah I have the base model. I should have just gotten the loaded one. I may as well have with all the accessories I’ve bought for it so far. I just can’t justify spending that kind of money on Nav when I know I won’t use it. For the rare occasion I need to find a WaWa I’ll just use my phone. I’ll try to be patient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts