Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I recently bought a 2020 Challenger Limited and am have trouble loading routes to the navigation system. I created routes on my computer, downloaded to the thumb drive, uploaded to the bike via the USB port. The routes appear in the route list in RC after xfering from the thumb drive, but there appears to be no way to run them in the navigation system. I just installed the July 2020 software update, but no luck with route loading. It did fix the issue of my radio blaring at boot up though!
Has anybody seen this or is it user error?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,628 Posts
I ran into the exact same problem. When I started the bike the next time, the route automatically loaded so I was ok at that point. I've played with it since and I can't figure it out. I had a ticket open with Polaris and it was a constant back and forth re-asking the same questions or trying to point me to the dealer. I work in IT for a living so for me personally, not being able to figure something like this out is a huge bother/frustration. I ought to go back to the ticket and see if they stopped responding or I did...

My thought was I could create a bunch of trips ahead of time and load them for when I wanted to use them but it doesn't seem like that's how they designed it. If I do get it figured out or get a successful resolution, I'll post it back here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in IT too and feel like I should be able to figure it out, but if it's a software issue, that's another story. 😂 I will post any updates too when/if I hear anything. All the best!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem on a 2020 roadmaster and also had an open claim with polaris. This went on for a long time and their final answer was that they had a new update coming that would fix this. The July update came out and made no difference in fact I think the July update makes other things worse. I called the dealer yesterday and am taking the bike in for this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After many emails and a phone call to Polaris/Indian Customer Service, I now have the planned routes loading into the Challenger Ride Command Navigation system.

What I did was:
1. Load your routes and/or points of interests onto your USB drive.
2. Plug it into the bike's USB port.
3. Go to the Nav settings and import from the USB.
4. After it is uploaded to the bike and is displayed on the left portion of the screen labelled 2020 Indian Challenger, cancel out of that screen by hitting the "x" on the upper left.
Text Screen Font Electronics Technology

5. In the Nav menu, find "Search" (the magnifying glass icon) and tap on that to open it up.
6. In the Search window, you should see a button named "Saved." It will be with other selections like lodging, gas stations, etc.
Electronics Display device Screen Text Technology

7. Tap the Saved button and the list of saved routes and points of interest will be listed.
8. Tap on one of the routes where you can edit it and/or start it.
It works!

Thanks to Zachary at Indian Tech support for the assistance who was very helpful and responsive

In general, it would be helpful to have some level of a Ride Command manual to mitigate these types of questions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine show up on the USB when plugged in but they will not transfer to the bike. The bike goes in Tuesday to the dealer to see what they can do with it. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My salesman told me I had to buy navigation software. Did you buy it? I wonder if Polaris assumes you already bought it. I agreed with my salesman NOT to buy it as I have a phone holder and use it for navigation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally after all this time my ride command is fixed. The dealer replaced the entire ride command and now it works great. It was a lot of back and forth from Polaris which should never have happened. I knew it was bad right from the beginning but they were really reluctant to just replace it and get me on my way. Pretty disappointed with Polaris. The dealer was great though.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,056 Posts
This behavior from Polaris is nothing new. Back in the early days of the Victory Motorcycles people were having issues and getting blown-off by corporate. It really takes a good dealer to get anywhere with them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I sincerely hope Polaris is monitoring all of this. They can easily die on the vine if they do not improve customer service across all of their dealerships and of course corporate. It is one of the key features that have made Harley famous. We all know the bikes themselves are nothing more than overrated, heavy pieces of machinery that is slow, expensive and well, you know the rest.. but people keep coming back.. I hope Polaris knows why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts