Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw YouTube on recall for output Shaft?
Apparently 6%..which is like 6 units..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's only been 100 of these bikes sold?
The sold amount from time of YouTube comments was approx 600 units..sorry about that.
On new note ,,I just got off phone today, 7/28..the service dept. Had no bulletins yet on this issue?
Let's see how it pans out.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,241 Posts
Wasn't this recall 4 months ago?
Sandspur was right. It was because at least 1 bike went out without lube on the output shaft. I believe it would fail in the first 50 mi if there was a problem.

·
Bronze member
4,119 Posts
Sandspur was right. It was because at least 1 bike went out without lube on the output shaft. I believe it would fail in the first 50 mi if there was a problem.
Yep, also keep in mine there are still first run Challengers sitting on showroom floors with the throttle body issues old flash and possibly this one as well. Yep there are shady dealers who are selling these bikes without checking or updating them.

·
5 years +
165 Posts
Yep, also keep in mine there are still first run Challengers sitting on showroom floors with the throttle body issues old flash and possibly this one as well. Yep there are shady dealers who are selling these bikes without checking or updating them.
How do you know this? Asking for a friend

·
Bronze member
4,119 Posts
How do you know this? Asking for a friend

I am seeing a bunch of new Challenger owners on Facebook complaining about the rough idle, lagging throttle response, throwing codes etc. These were all common and fixed by the Throttle body service bulletin that came out in Late January early February.

Basically throttle bodies were inspected and replace or synced if possible and a new ECU software load was added. Since it was a service bulletin and not a recall, many dealers blew it off and sold the bikes then to have to fix them when the customer had issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts