Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5'9" and I find the seat reach and the handlebar reach on my Chieftain to be perfect. I finally got to test ride a Challenger and it seemed my reach to the handlebars and the ground was just a little bit too far, like it'd be a problem on long days. Obviously there are aftermarket options, I'm wondering what others have done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 5'8", 5'10" with my boots on and 5'7" when my wife yells at me. I bought the Indian reduced reach bars, that brought them back 2" $209. from Indian, that made all the difference for me and no mod's for wires or cables. It also allowed me to sit back a little bit more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 5'8", 5'10" with my boots on and 5'7" when my wife yells at me. I bought the Indian reduced reach bars, that brought them back 2" $209. from Indian, that made all the difference for me and no mod's for wires or cables. It also allowed me to sit back a little bit more.
Hey man sounds like that's a worthwhile mod then! Thanks!

·
Bronze member
3,124 Posts
Anyone know where to get it in black for my dark horse version?
Yes...I did this. Call Witchdoctors and order the IM reduced reach bars and tell them you want their powder coating service ($40 up charge). You can specify, flat, gloss, or satin. Took about two weeks to get them. Also, if you’re a first time customer, ask for their first purchase discount...it was 5 or 10%. FYI...you can only get the powder coating by calling...can’t order it online. I’m 5’9 and with the reduced reach bars on the Challenger, my seating position/reach is much closer to that of my old RM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It was really worth getting them...TigerGA is right, they only come in chrome, my buddy had his powder coated locally paid much more than 40 for it, I actually did mine in plasti dip and they don't look bad, it just took time to layer on the coats.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes...I did this. Call Witchdoctors and order the IM reduced reach bars and tell them you want their powder coating service ($40 up charge). You can specify, flat, gloss, or satin. Took about two weeks to get them. Also, if you’re a first time customer, ask for their first purchase discount...it was 5 or 10%. FYI...you can only get the powder coating by calling...can’t order it online. I’m 5’9 and with the reduced reach bars on the Challenger, my seating position/reach is much closer to that of my old RM.
Cool thanks for the tips. Do you know if there is anywhere online to see a review or side by side comparison between the stock bars and the extended reach?

·
Bronze member
3,124 Posts
Cool thanks for the tips. Do you know if there is anywhere online to see a review or side by side comparison between the stock bars and the extended reach?
I never found one, but the reduced reach bars are two inches further back than stock. The shape and angles are the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts