Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new Challenger and the engine light came on before leaving the dealership parking lot with the new bike.
They plugged the bike into the computer and found that the O2 sensor was bad. Has anyone heard of this happening before on this model
or any other models??

·
Bronze member
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000, 2007.
1,462 Posts
You know, it really feels like Indians trying to copy Harley Davidson...
I walked away from HD because of the fluid transfer and sumping problems.
Now I'm feeling like I don't want to drop nearly 40 grand on a challenger when it's got all sorts of problems (Oz prices).
especially when being Aus we will probably get whatever fixes there are 6 to 9 months after the rest of the world does

·
Bronze member
2,269 Posts
The narrowband O2 sensors CAN fail early! And the Indian narrowbands do NOT COME from one of the top brands like Delphi or Bosch!!! (tell me how I know... The OE manufacturer from far east with the right pigtail for my Chief Classic can be found for half the price as Indian is charging btw...)

But yours is a warranty case ... so don't be too mad ... putting a new sensor in should be a matter of minutes for the shop.

·
Bronze member
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000, 2007.
1,462 Posts
It does beg the question of ... Where was the pre pickup inspection?
It would have to be crap luck to have it ok in the pre del and fail just as it's riding out for the first real time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts