Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone altered the bag fillers on the limited in order to get a passenger back rest mounted and if so could you post a picture or describe the process.
thanx Bob.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You just pop them off easily to access the bushings.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Just be very careful when taking them off. When I took delivery of mine, as the tech was taking the fillers off to put the passenger backrest on he was saying how careful you have to be otherwise they'll break....and it broke on him as he was saying that. The rear clip is what breaks off very easily.

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
And that is the EXACT reason why I"m went without a Limited. I could see those being a problem.....taking them ON and OFF. I think they are meant to stay on....but if you're going to access the rear spools for backrest and/or future tourpack, then they must come off. Poor engineering in my opinion!!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I am definitely not an engineer, nor do I pretend to be....ok, this ONE time I'll pretend to be....

Seems like instead of making the clip out of plastic they could have made it metal and they would last forever. I can't imagine the cost being any different...pennies maybe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The fillers are 2 piece. 1 is the "top" and the other is the "back".
The back stays on, only the top needs to be removed to access the spools....

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
I think molding a piece of plastic to make a filler is just easier/cheaper to mass produce. Not necessarily cheaper for the consumer to replace though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The bike looks unfinished without them. I hate seeing the bolts holding the fender on. And without them there is a lot of spray from the rear wheel if you ride in wet conditions. They definitely could have done a better job on these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts