Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if the Key fob is sturdy enough to keep on a key ring since the key just clips into the fob. Anybody had the key snap out of the fob? I can't imagine the cost from Indian to replace the fob if it unsnaps and is lost.

·
Registered
590 Posts
No- I have my key fob attached to my belt loop on my pants sometimes hanging and sometimes in my pocket. It is on a retractable string devise that is 7 years old. No issues at all after 12000 miles along with another 60000 miles on my previous 2 bikes (which had a separate key for the fork and bag locks).

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
840 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, when the Salesman handed the fob to me and showed the that key just snapped into it, I thought "Yea this is going to cost me money down the road". I have never carried anything in my pockets and my keys have always been on a caribiner on my belt loop, loose change gets tossed in the saddlebag and my knife is clipped to the top of my pocket. I'll work it out, Thanks for the replies, Guys

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
There was a thread on the main forum about a guy making leather hoslters for the older style fobs. I considered reaching out to see if he could do the same with the style we have. Then it would go right on your belt loop.

·
5 years +
231 Posts
Go to Kg's Holsters on FB he did a FOB holster for my Challenger. I also used one for my Chieftain before I traded. Great quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts