Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make aftermarket Challenger highway bars? All I can find are Indian brand. Is it still too new?

·
Bronze member
2,658 Posts
Just bend over...$400 for engine guards...no other source right now. The bag guards are available on Amazon for $50.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good news guys - Aftermarket Challenger highway bars are here and they're awesome. I put a set on my Challenger and the craftsmanship is just amazing. I'll throw some pics and a link here:

They're from TLC Thunder and Lightning Customs and he's got Standard ($295 + shipping), Mustache ($325 + shipping), and Meathook ($325 + shipping)

TLC Thunder and Lightning Customs on Facebook

Standard 2.jpg Standard 1.jpg
Mustache2.jpg Mustache1.jpg
Meathook 1.jpg Meathook 2.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
they don't have it on facebook market .. just instant messaging via paypal.. not sure... I think I'll wait.

·
Registered
84 Posts
they don't have it on facebook market .. just instant messaging via paypal.. not sure... I think I'll wait.
He's legit, the owner Rick has worked decades in Industrial Automation and his business took a huge hit from COVID. Since he'd recently bought a Challenger and didn't see any good aftermarket products out there, he decided to design and fabricate them himself. I helped him set the Facebook page up and he's working on getting the shop set up on Facebook so you can buy straight from there. But bottom line, if you like the bar design, just buy them. It's safe and you'll love them

·
Registered
207 Posts
great, ok, i'll check him out.. interested in either the mustache or the standard... and yes, the meat hooks do look scary.. I'm afraid I'll stab myself in an accident!

·
Registered
84 Posts
lol I had to have the meathooks BECAUSE they're scary and really fit my look. I mean, if somehow they landed on me, it would suck for sure but I suppose we all roll the dice. I'm more scared of pointed handlebar grips

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good news guys - Aftermarket Challenger highway bars are here and they're awesome. I put a set on my Challenger and the craftsmanship is just amazing. I'll throw some pics and a link here:

They're from TLC Thunder and Lightning Customs and he's got Standard ($295 + shipping), Mustache ($325 + shipping), and Meathook ($325 + shipping)

TLC Thunder and Lightning Customs on Facebook

View attachment 609081 View attachment 609085
View attachment 609083 View attachment 609086
View attachment 609084 View attachment 609087
Hep,,great product. Made here by USA biker ..

·
Registered
499 Posts
Those look great. Do you know if he's planning on making any for the Chieftains? Sorry, I'm not on Facebook.

Phil

Cancel that, I just found his email.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wulf, are they making matching rears as well? I'm afraid of getting something now and not being able to match the rears later. last thing I want to do it install standard rears that will look out of place.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wulf, are they making matching rears as well? I'm afraid of getting something now and not being able to match the rears later. last thing I want to do it install standard rears that will look out of place.
The guy above Rick Hartman of TLC. Makes 3 types, meat hook, mustache, and regular.
Contact them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I bought some rear rash bars for $50 on line and the fit perfectly. I got an indian bag and cup holder for Christmas and install it this morning. Just snaps on. Problem is, the ugly stock passenger pegs jam into the bag or I have to leave the one side down. The bracket is not adjustable and the legs look like they came from a 1980 Kawasaki. Anyone make a cool peg replacement with or without the mount that is adjustable or just has a plain wider platform that is 1" shorter but without a chrome design insert as I have the indian upgrade floorboard inserts. I dont ride double unless its an emergency, but I don't want it removed.

·
Rider
747 Posts
Those Meathooks remind me of guy that used to work where I do that had a homemade sissybar on his Harley that he fabricated with a couple of bayonets. Everytime I saw that bike, all I could think of is what it would be like to be gored by your own bike if you ever went down.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I sent an email on the rear foot peg issue interfering with the bag to both indian and to Kuryakyn. I doubt I w
f I get an answer until after the first work week in January if at all.
Has anyone here on the website replaced the stock passenger pegs with an aftermarket peg that fits another brand of bike on the stock mount. All Indian has is a floorboard replacement that costs a fortune and doesn't go with the look of the Challenger made for the RM. The Kuryakyn mini floor boards have to be mated with their driver floorboards. Which is money I don't want to spend. If I can't find a smaller plain black peg I will just remove the pegs and put them back on for long trips a couple times a year. 2 bolts on each side. But I would appreciate any sugestions from the forum. Obviously Indian blew it when they said the bags fit a the chieftains and challengers. Pretty irresponsible for an accessory that costs well over $200. And not having an adjustable height for the mount is just plain stupid, considering Cheiftains and Challengers are made with 2 up seats and passes very leg lengths are not all the same. Hello Indian engineering! Is anyone home? The parts guy at my dealership just shook his head. Tbey have had years to figure this out. No adjustable mounts, no shorter mounts, no different angled mounts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts