Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some headlight references on other threads but thought we might benefit from giving it it's own thread.

I just got the Eagle GenIII Halo headlight for the Challenger and tried to hook it up with no luck.
When plugged in, it will not come on - neither low or high beam - and the high beam indicator flashes in the dash indicating a problem with the light.
Plug the Indian LED back in and it lights up like normal.

Here's a pic of the Indian plug
IMG_0313.JPG
and the Eagle plug with adapter
IMG_0312.JPG

I know some others were looking into getting this light while it was still on sale.
Any one else have issues hooking it up?

·
5 years +
152 Posts
Saw some headlight references on other threads but thought we might benefit from giving it it's own thread.

I just got the Eagle GenIII Halo headlight for the Challenger and tried to hook it up with no luck.
When plugged in, it will not come on - neither low or high beam - and the high beam indicator flashes in the dash indicating a problem with the light.

View attachment 574624
View attachment 574625

I know some others were looking into getting this light while it was still on sale.
I don't know if this will help but here goes. This is in reference to the plug in the wiring harness in the fairing. When I looked at the wiring schematics it showed the yellow wire was the high beam (on the left of the plug in the diagram) and the dark green was low beam (on the right). When I went to connect the adaptor that I made I had to switch the two wires because the high beam was on the right and the low on the left in the wiring harness. It's possible that high and low need to be switch. Let us know what you find out?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if this will help but here goes. This is in reference to the plug in the wiring harness in the fairing. When I looked at the wiring schematics it showed the yellow wire was the high beam (on the left of the plug in the diagram) and the dark green was low beam (on the right). When I went to connect the adaptor that I made I had to switch the two wires because the high beam was on the right and the low on the left in the wiring harness. It's possible that high and low need to be switch. Let us know what you find out?
I did actually swap the red and yellow wires coming out of the H-4 adapter from the Eagle light and tried it that way thinking the same thing as you.
Same results though - no light with the flashing indicator on the dash.
I am assuming they do have the black negative wire in the correct slot.

·
5 years +
152 Posts
I did actually swap the red and yellow wires coming out of the H-4 adapter from the Eagle light and tried it that way thinking the same thing as you.
Same results though - no light with the flashing indicator on the dash.
I am assuming they do have the black negative wire in the correct slot.
Ground is the center wire. What are the wire colors on the plug that's on the fairing harness from left to right as you look into the plug?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

View attachment 574624
View attachment 574625

Mine did not work either.

·
Bronze member
1,460 Posts
Ditto for me as well. I purchased the Eagle GENIII Halo as well for my Chally.......no go! So I called the vendor......they were very nice........no trying to shrug me off.....and they even spoke to the top tech at my dealership as I'm not a techie/electrical guy. They claim it is something in the adapter plug, NOT the light....so they are sending me a NEW re-wired adapter plug AND headlight (in case it is the light) and some directions on what to try first. As soon as I get the new "hardware" I will install and report back to the group. I don't think it is the fixture....I believe it's a wire problem. Stay tuned!! These guys are in CT, so they are only a couple hours from my residence......as that will be my next course of action if this doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Ditto for me as well. I purchased the Eagle GENIII Halo as well for my Chally.......no go! So I called the vendor......they were very nice........no trying to shrug me off.....and they even spoke to the top tech at my dealership as I'm not a techie/electrical guy. They claim it is something in the adapter plug, NOT the light....so they are sending me a NEW re-wired adapter plug AND headlight (in case it is the light) and some directions on what to try first. As soon as I get the new "hardware" I will install and report back to the group. I don't think it is the fixture....I believe it's a wire problem. Stay tuned!! These guys are in CT, so they are only a couple hours from my residence......as that will be my next course of action if this doesn't work.
I also think the problem is in the harness. However, like I mentioned the light itself had damage on the perimeter from Eagle. That being said, I hope it works out for you.

·
Bronze member
1,460 Posts
I also think the problem is in the harness. However, like I mentioned the light itself had damage on the perimeter from Eagle. That being said, I hope it works out for you.
Arapaho, I will keep you posted....otherwise, it's going back.....and I wait for the aftermarket to figure this out. It can't be rocket science. Stay tuned!!

·
5 years +
152 Posts
Has anybody tried testing the headlight on some other bike or car that has a H4 plug?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off the phone with Trevor at Eagle Light and after checking with his techs that deal with Indian's said -- they are a having a problem with certain light applications with the Challenger. He also said they are currently working with the local Indian dealership to diagnose and correct the problem. Says they will get back with me in the next day or two with a solution.

·
5 years +
152 Posts
Just got off the phone with Trevor at Eagle Light and after checking with his techs that deal with Indian's said -- they are a having a problem with certain light applications with the Challenger. He also said they are currently working with the local Indian dealership to diagnose and correct the problem. Says they will get back with me in the next day or two with a solution.
It should be interesting to hear what they find. I took a chance and bought a $30 LED off of Ebay and made my own adaptor and so far no problem.

·
Bronze member
1,460 Posts
I'm not a betting man....but I'm putting my money on the adapter/harness issue. LED lights can and do fail, but the industry has pretty much mastered making "cheap" lights that work....so long as you don't submerge in water, use in a corrosive environment or drop from 100'!! Arapaho, no need to call and PAY for a NEW harness, if you decide to keep your set-up. Just call and have them send you one. Anything has got to be better than the 4 candlepower head light which comes from Spirit Lake!!!!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I'm not a betting man....but I'm putting my money on the adapter/harness issue. LED lights can and do fail, but the industry has pretty much mastered making "cheap" lights that work....so long as you don't submerge in water, use in a corrosive environment or drop from 100'!! Arapaho, no need to call and PAY for a NEW harness, if you decide to keep your set-up. Just call and have them send you one. Anything has got to be better than the 4 candlepower head light which comes from Spirit Lake!!!!
I returned my Eagle light last week. Already have the refund in my bank account. Willing to give them another try if it works out for you.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Rider
448 Posts
I returned my Eagle light last week. Already have the refund in my bank account. Willing to give them another try if it works out for you.
I just ordered the Eagle III without Halo yesterday. Called the company today and they're aware of the problem. He is going to hold my shipment for a couple of days. He said they're working with Indian to try and fix the problem and then they hope to have a different adapter that will work and then they will send mine out. He hoped to have a resolution by tomorrow or Wednesday.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought some Clear Water driving lights for my Challenger and tapped into the green wire for my low beam hot. It worked but then I was to tap into the high beam which I did into the yellow and then when I hit the high beams no more light. Switched the wires and no lights? I’m curious how the eagle light harness works. Please update.
PS only 200 miles on my challenger no problems.

·
5 years +
152 Posts
I bought some Clear Water driving lights for my Challenger and tapped into the green wire for my low beam hot. It worked but then I was to tap into the high beam which I did into the yellow and then when I hit the high beams no more light. Switched the wires and no lights? I’m curious how the eagle light harness works. Please update.
PS only 200 miles on my challenger no problems.
Wow that's interesting. Since I made my own harness I hope someone jumps in about the Eagle light harness.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What did you do for your harness? Clear Water is sending me a diode to go between the green and yellow wires Which they should work.

·
Bronze member
1,460 Posts
I can report that my Eagle GEN III LED light is working....but it took me to get the vendor to send me both a NEW wiring harness/adapter AND a NEW light fixture. Had to send the old harness and fixture back at the vendors cost. They were very pleasant to deal with. I can report that the fit and finish are RIGHT on, low and high beam work and ALL LOOKS good. I have NOT had the bike on the road as we got about an inch of snow, ice, sleet and SHIT up here in MA today. Hoping to get out on a least a dry night in the foreseeable future to try it out in live fashion. Just remind them to send you what they sent to a customer up here in MA.....can't imagine too many buyers this time of year up in MA....as no one is out riding. Report more when I can get out on the road. I think you'll be happy!!

·
5 years +
152 Posts
What did you do for your harness? Clear Water is sending me a diode to go between the green and yellow wires Which they should work.
All I did was follow the labeling of the prongs (connectors) on the H4 plug of the headlight and inserted the connectors that I crimped on the adaptor wires into the correct positions of the Molex plug. Ground wire is center low beam is dark green and high beam is yellow. I plugged everything together and pressed the power button I tapped the flash the high beam button and the headlight came on and the high beam worked as well. I just check the light again and it's still working. It's snowing now so it will be awhile before I can go out and check the aiming. Not sure why you need a diode. It would be nice if they could explain that to you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting my lights get power from the dark green wire and that has a dimmer from 5-85% light. The white wire on my kit goes to the high beam which I did put to the yellow wire and that is supposed to bump my lights to 100% but instead they turn off when I hit high beam. Clear Water said a diode between the green and yellow wire should do the trick. I have their Darla lights and they are bright 2000 lumens each at 12 watts each.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts