Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone making hand guards for the Challenger yet? I have some generic no-names on my Harley that you'd think would work on the Indian, but they mount on the mirror stem and need it to extend all the way through the perch so it's bolted top and bottom. The Challenger mirror only extends from the top, so there would only be one point of contact. I need some: winter is coming.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use those. I just cut off the bottom bracket and used the mirror to hold it. Hasn’t moved at all
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm... It seems that wouldn't be very secure, but if it's working for you I might give it a try.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,076 Posts
Someone used the Memphis Shades model from the scout. I forget where I saw it but they didn't look half bad.

I got my Challenger when it was cold and with the bars in the normal position, I got very little air on my hands.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is anyone making hand guards for the Challenger yet? I have some generic no-names on my Harley that you'd think would work on the Indian, but they mount on the mirror stem and need it to extend all the way through the perch so it's bolted top and bottom. The Challenger mirror only extends from the top, so there would only be one point of contact. I need some: winter is coming.

View attachment 611396
Heat the garage and put the bike on a treadmill - problem solved! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
29 Posts
First challenger demo ride i did was in November. My hands were freezing due to the wind. After acquiring my challenger, rotated the handlebar up and installed heated grips. Palms of hands were toasty, outside still cold. I recently discovered closing the vents eliminates most of the wind on my hands. Had to lower the heat on the grips last night, hands were burning.

Try closing the vents, that makes a huge difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts