Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Challenger Factory Flash Coming Soon

2121 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Dark Horse Paratrooper
I know there's a lot of people unhappy with the factory challenger flash. There are lots turning to aftermarket support like Dynojet or Lloydz. If you want a factory flash, which hopefully they get this one right, it should be out within the next few months.
I know someone mentioned to me in a different thread that previous flashes were no good, but we really won't know until they launch. Ride safe!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2021 Challenger Limited, Ruby Red Metallic
584 Posts
I need a flash now……so do I wait for rainbows and unicorns in a few months, or just cough up $4-500 for LLoyds? Leaning towards just getting it done because I have a feeling this thread will still be active same time next year. Yeah, thats right….bah….humbug….

• Haha
Reactions: HERK

· Registered
144 Posts
True, but all I want is for the oddly vague throttle response to be linear. This could easily be accomplished without changing emissions compliance. They can leave rain or sport modes as is, but I want normal mode to be normal. I know that DBW throttles have to also act as IAC, but that is a minor hurdle to getting the response to feel as linear as a cable throttle. If every car manufacturer and most motorcycle manufacturers can do it, why can't Indian? I can even do it myself on motors with capable tuning software.

· Bronze member
6,270 Posts
True, but all I want is for the oddly vague throttle response to be linear. This could easily be accomplished without changing emissions compliance. They can leave rain or sport modes as is, but I want normal mode to be normal. I know that DBW throttles have to also act as IAC, but that is a minor hurdle to getting the response to feel as linear as a cable throttle. If every car manufacturer and most motorcycle manufacturers can do it, why can't Indian? I can even do it myself on motors with capable tuning software.

Not necessarily, the Bosch ECU is a load-based ECU which has a lot to do with the DBW settings. The other thing is I think Indian develops these engines with non-compliance tunes, and then in the end tries to "tune" them and finds it difficult to get the engine to run correctly with the complaint tune.

The FTR was delayed for almost 6 months because they couldn't get it to run right, and in the early days they had display bikes at certain dealers, and they wouldn't run correctly. And after they delivered in May of 2019, they still ran crappy, Dynojet and Fuel Motto was able to get them to run correctly, Indian released a few updates, and they still don't run as good with the factory tune and the Dynojet, FM Lloyds and others.

· Super Moderator
2020 Challenger
4,063 Posts
My CVO SG had throttle lag, so did my RM, Challenger, and a BMW K1600 has a very noticeable throttle lag. I‘ve always thought the lag was intentionally tuned into bikes as a “safety“ to prevent things like this:

· Registered
59 Posts
I know there's a lot of people unhappy with the factory challenger flash. There are lots turning to aftermarket support like Dynojet or Lloydz. If you want a factory flash, which hopefully they get this one right, it should be out within the next few months.
I know someone mentioned to me in a different thread that previous flashes were no good, but we really won't know until they launch. Ride safe!
I wonder if it’ll be an “upgrade” we have to pay for or a recall to fix their bad tune in the first place.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if it’ll be an “upgrade” we have to pay for or a recall to fix their bad tune in the first place.
No it will be free. They don't charge for reflashing if it's because an issue exists. Most people will be within warranty for it, and it will moat likely be complimentary anyways, like a recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.