Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any use the Indian Rider Backrest and Mount with the Extended Reach Seat on the Challenger? How well does it work?

I added the Extended Reach Seat and moved the stock handlebars as far up as full lock would let me and it has helped my lower back but still not 100%. Limits my daily ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have/had the extended reach seat, riders backrest and rear sissy bar and backrest combo. If you're a solo rider it works great....We've found that it's uncomfortable for her on the back seat regardless of extended or stock. The backrest cuts into her thighs, and without the backrest, I'm right up on her. I'm going to sell the extended reach seat. She's alright if I take my backrest off when she's on it and we're so far, back to the stock seat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have/had the extended reach seat, riders backrest and rear sissy bar and backrest combo. If you're a solo rider it works great....We've found that it's uncomfortable for her on the back seat regardless of extended or stock. The backrest cuts into her thighs, and without the backrest, I'm right up on her. I'm going to sell the extended reach seat. She's alright if I take my backrest off when she's on it and we're so far, back to the stock seat.
How was the Extended Reach Seat with the rider backrest mount and not the rider backrest? Did you feel the mount under the seat in your tailbone?

·
Registered
20 Posts
How was the Extended Reach Seat with the rider backrest mount and not the rider backrest? Did you feel the mount under the seat in your tailbone?

Can't say I did....But I also only had it on for around an hour or so before her and I determined it was a bust for Us

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking for anyone with extended experience with the OEM extended reach seat and the OEM rider backrest and mount on the Challenger. I am close to using my gift cards and trying to decide between highway bars and pegs vs rider backrest and mount.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the extended reach seat and back rest, the reduced reach handlebars and the Indian toe pegs on the crash bars.Works well for me. Initially I didn't have the reduced reach bars, and I found that I was leaning forward to hold the bars. The reduced reach bars fixed that. The toe pegs work just as good as highway pegs, but without the bulk.
I am 6'1" and usually wear jeans with 34" length. My mate is also 6'1", but he is longer in his back and shorter in his legs, and he doesn't like my setup.
IMHO, if you have longer legs, the setup is great.....if you have shorter legs, then try a different setup.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the extended reach seat and back rest, the reduced reach handlebars and the Indian toe pegs on the crash bars.Works well for me. Initially I didn't have the reduced reach bars, and I found that I was leaning forward to hold the bars. The reduced reach bars fixed that. The toe pegs work just as good as highway pegs, but without the bulk.
I am 6'1" and usually wear jeans with 34" length. My mate is also 6'1", but he is longer in his back and shorter in his legs, and he doesn't like my setup.
IMHO, if you have longer legs, the setup is great.....if you have shorter legs, then try a different setup.
Thanks for the input! I am as about 6’4” with 34+ inseam. So the rider backrest doesn’t push you too far forward or the mount isn’t an issue when not using the backrest?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The backrest mount is not an issue when not using the backrest. It is well under the seat. I don't find that the backrest pushes me forward at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts