Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Challenger Dyno Results

29K views 100 replies 27 participants last post by  Dochardtail 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

What are the horse power and torque numbers of your challenger and with what mods? Here are my results:

2021 Indian Challenger Dark Horse
Stage 1 Air Intake and oval exhausts
Lloydz Garage CRT-V1 tune

DynoJet results:
Max power = 109 hp
Max torque = 119

Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot

See less See more
#3 ·
good numbers.. but.. my 14's 116 BB with 585s is 119hp / 139 tq. ... when I see some crazy number with the 108 via cams and/or BB with cams.. I may consider one. My HD FLTRX is 132hp/136tq with a JIMS120R. Stating these numbers simply as a baseline. The Pursuit has my attention... just looking for the 'next level' of power, if I open the checkbook for a new bike

Reactions: HyeHog
#13 ·
Base run was with stock cam’s, rhinehart prototype true dual header and rhinehart mufflers with Lloyd’s flash.
2nd run is with Lloyd’s cams and custom tune and I added a k&n air filter.
WOW.....134 HP and TQ!!!!!!!!!!! Is that Challenger or Chieftain?

Compared to yours, my stage 1 Challenger with Lloydz tune is underperforming then at 109 HP and 119 TQ !

#34 ·
I'm looking to add pipes, but that's about it in terms of engine/exhaust work at this point. I keep seeing people say that TAB pipes decrease performance, and I certainly don't want that. I'm leaning towards the 2.5 baffles. Their website says 8-12 hp increase with TAB. Why does it seem that people aren't seeing that?

#42 ·
I did exactly what Dragsterman eight has done with the Rineharts and Tab cat delete 2 into 1 with the left side as a ghost pipe only. I came from the Tab Zombies. The Zombies are just tinny sounding whereas the Rineharts with cat delete are very deep and bad ass sounding. I even bought the Rinehart performance baffles wich are about 10% louder.

This set up is not obnoxiously loud but is loud. I have made 4 hour rides and my ears never ring. I have had pipes on some of my Vics that did cause the ringing though.

Reactions: Roony
#43 ·
Just got my ECU re-flashed (Lloydz Garage) and waiting for it to be delivered. Wonder how my Dyno results will be after the re-flash:

Before Re-flash configuration and result:
1. Stage 1 air intake
2. Stage 1 Indian oval mufflers
3. Lloydz CRT-V1 tune
4. HP = 109
5. Torque = 119

After Re-flash configuration and result:
1. Stage 1 air intake
2. Tab BAM slip-ons with Zombie baffles
3. Tab Z rings with torque cone
4. K&N air intake filter
5. Lloydz CRT-V1 tune (re-flash)
6. HP = tbd
7. Torque = tbd

#60 ·
Haha, I've tried too. They all say every bike is different. They say each of their dynos are different. Different weather, different Temps, different pressure.

I understand all that, but some are keeping it so secrectative.

Plus it's hard to try and find a one stop shop to view everybody's dynos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#61 ·
Thats funny "they" say that. "Every dyno is different and every day/temp/humidity changes things" ... but in the same breath they charge $500 for a canned tune for your "specific" set up based on one or two dynos runs they did on any particular day. Its a scam. Id like a dyno tune to know my numbers and have it tuned to my specific set up regardless of the temp and conditions that day. I would know it is dialed in for the way my bike rides since every one is slightly different.

My $0.02.

#62 ·
Thats funny "they" say that. "Every dyno is different and every day/temp/humidity changes things" ... but in the same breath they charge $500 for a canned tune for your "specific" set up based on one or two dynos runs they did on any particular day. Its a scam. Id like a dyno tune to know my numbers and have it tuned to my specific set up regardless of the temp and conditions that day. I would know it is dialed in for the way my bike rides since every one is slightly different.

My $0.02.
Never really cared for the final dyno numbers, they are just talking points for bragging at the bar. To really see what the difference is you just need to do a before and after comparison. I would doubt that most dyno operators even keep the calibrations up on their units. I do know the Dynojet units will give a message showing the unit needs to be recalibrated if it gets too far out of spec and the calibration procedure looks pretty straight forward but there are reasons why many tuners won't let you out back to what what is going on when tuning. The before and after chart at least will show you want you got for the money. Even then if you don't get a big change in performance a good dyno tune can really clean up you response and make your power much more linear if the tuner knows what they are doing. Dean

#64 ·
As a tuner, and any real professional tuner will tell you, deleting the cat on this motorcycle does nothing and reducing heat is a myth, it's under the bike and doesn't run any hotter with the cat on. In fact, performance and efficiency is affected negatively when you remove the cat from this motorcycle. It is not as restrictive as people think it is. It's a resonator with some epa stuff in it basically. It's not a big deal. Any real tuner who knows these bikes will tell you to put it back in unless you're just going for more noise. It's science and common sense. The header is not going to run hotter because you removed a metal box out from underneath the bike. Call Ryan at RVS Tuning and ask some questions about this motorcycle and what to do with the cat, he's better at scientific explanations. Side note: I've experimented with almost every combination with and without the cat and tab performance pipes, I understand it's subjective but the best setup was cat IN, 2.5" louvered baffles with the fiberglass packing sleeve removed from them. Hollow-ish deep, low, and no phuh phuh thump thump from the packing, or air sucking back in on decel and between gears. Just enough back-pressure to perform well and stay efficient.

#70 ·
S&S has nothing to do with cams on the PP108 engines. Only the 111/116 cams were designed and built by S&S thus the reason all the aftermarket cams for those engines (S&S makes all the aftermarket cams for the 111/116).

The Cams on the PP108 are designed by Polaris and Polaris has a patent on the compression release. Lloydz has be saying cams coming soon for almost 2 years for the PP108. Amanda said they were coming 3 months ago from New Zealand. Someone posted on Indian of Charllotes facebook page and asked, where is the cams. They replied that they were looking for a new vendor to make them....... Hmmmmm

#83 ·
All I know is that I own the cams and the compression releases in MY skoot and their staying! LOL

I did some figgering, taking the 137 H.P. that I saw when lloyd was posting dyno results of his cam/tune combo and divide into a 840 pnd wet weight Challenger comes out to 6.1 pnds per H.P. My 22 y/o Hayabusa with 165 and a wet weight of 505 nds comes out to 3.06 pnds per H.P. No need for aftermarket cams in my Challenger!!

I have been doing some intake werk on the Challenger and want to get it to my old dyno in Ft.Meyers but they were hit hard from the hurricane, I just gotta wait for the time to get over there.

RACNRAY

#84 ·
Why is it whenever someone talks about performance on bagger they have to swing their d*** talking about a Busa. It isn't the same bike class at all!! No one here cares!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.